|This is the article on the character Naruto Uzumaki. For the manga and anime series Naruto, head to [(series)|Naruto]. For other uses, see [(disambiguation)|Naruto (disambiguation)].|
Background EditNaruto was born on the night of October 10th to [Namikaze|Minato Namikaze] (the Fourth Hokage) and [Uzumaki|Kushina Uzumaki] (the second jinchūriki of the Nine-Tails). He was named after [Musasabi|Naruto Musasabi], the protagonist of []'s [Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Shinobi|first book], which made the [] his godfather. The [Hokage|Third Hokage] made special arrangements for Minato to preserve Kushina's seal containing the Nine-Tails while she gave birth to Naruto in a remote location, escorted by midwives and []. A masked man, [], tracked down their location, however, killed the midwives and Anbu, and captured Naruto, forcing Minato to quickly rescue him and teleport him to a [Safe House|safe house].Template:ImgRightWith Minato gone, Tobi captured Kushina and [Releasing Method|released] the Nine-Tails from her, using it to [Demon Fox's Attack|devastate Konoha]. Minato saved Kushina and left Naruto in her care before he went to protect the village, eventually defeating Tobi and freeing the Nine-Tails from Tobi's control. Returning to Naruto and Kushina's location, Minato realised the only way to stop the Nine-Tails was to seal it within Naruto, believing that his son would someday need the fox's power to defeat Tobi when he returned. Since the Nine-Tails' [] was too immense to seal into an infant, Minato [Demon Consuming Seal|sacrificed his soul] to split the fox's chakra in half, sealing the Yin half within himself and the Yang half [Trigrams Sealing Style|within] Naruto. After telling Naruto how much they loved him, Minato and Kushina succumbed to their wounds from protecting their son from the Nine-Tails and passed away. Orphaned, Naruto grew up not knowing who his parents were, receiving only his mother's surname, as Hiruzen wanted to protect Naruto from his father's enemies. Minato's dying wish that Naruto be regarded as a hero was honoured by the very few who could put aside their pain and losses caused by the disaster, while the majority of Konoha, however having no knowledge of the circumstances surrounding his birth, openly ostracised and resented Naruto for containing the beast that devastated the village and took many lives; some even viewed Naruto as the Nine-Tails itself. Soon, the Third Hokage forbade anyone from mentioning the Nine-Tails, hoping that the younger generation would not blindly hate Naruto as their parents did. However, Naruto's peers emulated their parents' hatred of him, despite not knowing why. This social isolation caused Naruto to crave acknowledgement, which he would gain by pulling pranks.On the day of his enrolment in the [Academy|Ninja Academy] - Naruto first met [Hyūga|Hinata Hyūga], who was being picked on by three bullies. Despite not knowing her, Naruto immediately came to her defence, but he was outnumbered and knocked unconscious, and the bullies damaged his red scarf. When Naruto awoke, Hinata thanked him for helping her and returned his scarf to him, but he let her keep it. He was unaware that the girl's growing affections for him began from that moment onwards.Template:ImgRightIn the Academy, Naruto became a student of [Umino|Iruka Umino], who acted as a surrogate older brother to keep him in line and help him work harder. Naruto also met his class-mate [Uchiha|Sasuke Uchiha] and tried to befriend him, since he was alone as well. Jealous of Sasuke's skills and popularity, however, he developed a one-sided rivalry in his pursuit to prove himself just as good as, if not better than, Sasuke, wishing that someday, Sasuke would accept him as an equal. Naruto also grew close with the owner of [Ichiraku|Ramen Ichiraku], [] and his daughter [], being welcomed as their favourite customer.
Personality EditNaruto is characterised as boisterous, exuberant and unorthodox, quite similar to [Senju|Hashirama Senju]. He inherited his mother's verbal tic, as he ends his sentences with Template:Translation when emotional. Though he responds best to competition and is not afraid to ask for assistance, Naruto is relatively naive, simple, and slow to understand principles or situations. He often requires an oversimplified analogy in order to grasp explanations, and can even forget some concepts that he himself noted earlier if he is too emotional. Naruto is aware of his faults, and admits he acts strong to mask his embarrassment and frustration about them. Despite his naivety, Naruto can be quite observant, picking up on things others miss and retaining information casually gathered through conversation. Growing up as an orphan who suffered years of hatred and social isolation by Konoha's villagers has influenced Naruto's character in a number of ways: he is heedless to formality and social standings, addressing [Lee|certain] [] with nicknames instead of honourifics, although by the time of his adulthood, Naruto has slightly outgrown this trait, as he stopped referring to Lee as "Bushy Brows" and calls him by his name, while also referring to Killer B by his name instead of "Octopops"; he has picky eating habits of ramen, his favourite food; he has a perverted side that manifests as uses of the [Technique|Sexy Technique] or attempts to peep into women's baths; he didn't understand the real meaning of "love" and believes that loving and/or being loved by someone and ramen are both the same. Despite his quirks and the criticism they earn him, Naruto is said to have a personality that draws people to him, inspiring friendship and loyalty through acts of genuine kindness that could change a person's world view. He is thus able to build [Uzumaki's Relationships|meaningful relationships] that he lacked in early life; the [of Six Paths|Sage of Six Paths] believes Naruto's kindness is a special gift that allows him to save [] from its hatred. Naruto deeply cherishes these bonds and will go to great lengths to protect them, best seen with Sasuke after his defection from Konoha. Naruto's time at the [of Truth|Falls of Truth] revealed that a part of him hated the villagers for ostracising him, only to admire him after he saved them during [Assault|Pain's Assault]. This allowed Kurama to manipulate Naruto's rage until he confronted it and learned to let it go, becoming greater than what he suffered.Another of Naruto's prominent traits is his desire for acknowledgement; his pranks around the village were for people to notice, or at least scold, him. Therefore, he dreamed of one day becoming Konoha's Hokage, the epitome of acknowledgement and respect from everyone in the village. Knowing his dream is a long, arduous and seemingly impossible path, Naruto developed his own [] of never going back on his word. This life-long philosophy serves as the cornerstone of Naruto's great self-confidence; he believes he can accomplish any goal with enough hard work and perseverance, no matter how big the obstacle is or how long it takes to complete it. This guides him in many aspects of life besides a battle, such as his promise to Sakura of bringing Sasuke back to Konoha. Over time, his goal to be Hokage grew from a desire for acknowledgement to a desire to help and protect the people close to him, which [] attributed to the [of Fire|Will of Fire]. His nindō is reinforced by his understanding that shinobi were meant to endure through hardships. His belief in hard work and perseverance made him detest people who would use insincere shortcuts to achieve their goals, as he disqualified his son from the [Exams|Chūnin Exams] for using the banned and unfair [], and expressed disgust at [] and [Ōtsutsuki|Kinshiki Ōtsutsuki] for their reliance on harvesting from [Fruit|Chakra Fruit]s to lazily gain power. After the death of his master [], talking to his father [] and listening to []'s tragic story, Naruto grew to understand the cycle of hatred and vowed to break it in order to bring real peace to the world. To that end, his participation in the Fourth Shinobi World War is not only to protect his friends, but also to bear and erase the world's hatred all by himself. After encountering a [Impure World Reincarnation|reincarnated] [Uchiha|Itachi Uchiha], however, Naruto realises that he cannot handle everything alone and that he must allow his friends to support and fight alongside him. As he does so in war's climax, his fighting spirit inspires the [Shinobi Forces|Allied Shinobi Forces] to join him and keep fighting to end the war as well, ultimately becoming an example for many people to admire, follow, and believe in.Naruto first met [Hyūga|Hinata Hyūga] when they were children, where his open kindness and courageous spirit earned him her admiration, which grew into love. On his part, Naruto remained largely oblivious to Hinata's feelings for him and even considered her "weird" because of her shyness around him. However, things change during the Chūnin Exams in Part I when they began to interact more and support each other, causing Naruto to like her as a friend. In Part II, as Hinata becomes willing to risk her life to protect Naruto, he in turn sees her as a strong person despite his speechlessness at her love confession. Naruto did grow to love Hinata subconsciously, but he was never able to consciously realise it because he kept "fighting" for Sakura, which was just another way for him to compete with Sasuke. During [Last: Naruto the Movie|The Last: Naruto the Movie], Naruto finally recognises the love that Hinata has always had for him, causing him to become more bashful and protective of her, just as she was for him. Realising that she alone has always had faith in him and that she has always been there for him, he reciprocates her feelings and desires to be with her for the rest of his life.
As an adult, Naruto becomes wiser and more mature, though he retains some of his negligence for honourifics. Although he finally achieves his dream of becoming Hokage, its many tasks not only overwhelm Naruto at times, but often leave him unable to spend time with his family, particularly upsetting his son []. He admits that part of this stems from not having grown up with a father himself, making it difficult for him to know how to interact properly with his own children, mostly with his son. Naruto is also more responsible in his duties as Hokage and as a father: he forbids use of the [] in the [Exams|Chūnin Exams] as it diminishes a shinobi's true potential; he is disappointed by Boruto's cheating in the exams and even removes his forehead protector in front of the audience after lecturing him. Nevertheless, Naruto deeply loves his family, as he creates shadow clones to tend to them while he's busy, protects them in times of danger, spends time with them when he can, and expresses pride in his children's successes. He in fact adopts Hiruzen's philosophy that everyone in the village is his family, believing that true relationships are made up of love rather than blood relations. His refusal to give his son any special treatment due to their blood-relationships, along with the insistence that the boy professionally addresses him as "Seventh" or "Hokage" while in the office, is a testament of Naruto's lack of bias and prejudice. However, after facing [Ōtsutsuki|Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki] and realising how his overly-committed nature serving the entire village was greatly affecting his own family's happiness, Naruto came to accept that he needed to give them more attention. As such, by accepting more help from others, Naruto became able to enjoy more time with his family, restoring the same healthy relationship he had with them before he became Hokage.
Appearance EditAccording to [], Naruto strongly resembles his father: he has yellow-blond, spiky hair and blue eyes, while inheriting the shape of his mother's eyes and face. His trademark characteristic are the three whisker markings on his cheeks. During the [Shinobi World War|Fourth Shinobi World War], [Katō|Dan Katō] initially mistook Naruto for [] due to their stark resemblance. Naruto was rather short for his age during Part I, though he grew to be taller than [] in Part II. Naruto originally wore green goggles on his forehead, though he discards them upon becoming a genin.protector|forehead protector], given to him by Iruka after graduating from the Academy. In Part II, Naruto wears a more form fitting outfit after wearing out his original one while training with Jiraiya, with a T-shirt or mesh armour underneath. While retaining the swirls and orange pants, the blue pieces of his outfit changes to black: his forehead protector (which is now longer), sandals, and orange jacket, the black colour showing more prominence than the blue did originally. During his battle with Pain, Naruto briefly wore a short-sleeved red coat with a black flame pattern around the hem and carried a large scroll on his back.Shinobi World War|Fourth Shinobi World War], though it is later replaced by a fully maneouverable prosthetic arm made of [Senju|Hashirama Senju]'s cells, wrapped completely in bandages. In [Last: Naruto the Movie|The Last: Naruto the Movie], Naruto grew again to be one of the tallest of his graduating class, cut his hair short, and wore a black elastic forehead protector. Over his pants and sandals, he wears a black uniform jacket with an orange zipper and buttons on the waist and sleeves, which can be folded up at times. He has a red armband with an Uzumaki crest on his left arm. After becoming Hokage, Naruto dons a garment similar to his father's: a white cape that has a red flame pattern around the hem, is held together by a red rope, and has the kanji for Template:Translation written vertically down the back. Underneath this, he wears an orange sweatshirt with black stripes (reverse in the manga version of [Naruto Next Generations|Boruto: Naruto Next Generations]), black pants and sandals. He occasionally wears the traditional Hokage headpiece, but has stopped wearing a forehead protector.
Abilities EditNaruto was an inept student in the [], having failed to graduate three times before successfully becoming a shinobi. Through sheer determination, however, his skills rapidly improved in Part I by defeating strong shinobi such as [Hyūga|Neji Hyūga], [], and [Yakushi|Kabuto Yakushi], earning acknowledgement from the [] for his potential. Under Jiraiya's tutelage and training at [Myōboku|Mount Myōboku], Naruto became strong enough to fight and [] [] of [], which ultimately earned him the praise of Konohagakure as a hero of Hokage-material. Naruto's participation in the Fourth Shinobi World War led to the defeat of many of the reincarnated [] and [beasts|tailed beasts]. He also could match, defeat, or help to defeat opponents who threatened the fate of the shinobi world, such as [Uchiha|Obito Uchiha], [Uchiha|Madara Uchiha], Sasuke, [] and [Ōtsutsuki|Toneri Ōtsutsuki]. Others believed Naruto had surpassed the previous Hokage and was the central key to winning the war. By adulthood, his prowess earned him the position of Seventh Hokage, and is regarded as having command of overwhelming []. Viewed as the strongest shinobi of his era and in history, Sasuke is noted to be the only shinobi to rival him, with the two being thought to be capable of destroying the continent together.
Chakra and Physical Prowess EditAs an Uzumaki, and a [] of [Ōtsutsuki|Asura Ōtsutsuki], Naruto has massive reserves of strong chakra, at least four times greater than Kakashi's, and described by [] as "bright and warm." His initial poor control of it was offset by his sheer reserves. Naruto's reserves were so large, he could fight for three and a half days [(Third Raikage)|of] [] [Beasts|battle] [Uchiha|against] [] [Uchiha|powerful] [Ōtsutsuki|opponents]. Only by the end of his battle against Sasuke did he show exhaustion, and even then could still fight to a standstill and eventual victory. Naruto's control improved greatly over time: he could [Transfer Technique|transfer his chakra] to others, and perform one-handed hand seals. He later received chakra from all of the other tailed beasts, and [Ōtsutsuki|Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki], which increased his reserves even further. Naruto's powerful life force grants him an extreme longevity, healing power, stamina, and vitality; this allowed him to survive the extraction of a tailed beast for a while. Naruto also learned how to counter [] from Jiraiya, but had limited skill in using it. In adulthood, Naruto's chakra is powerful enough to destroy high-level barriers simply by releasing chakra while using his [Chakra Mode|Nine-Tails Chakra Mode]. He was also capable of breaking Shikamaru's Shadow Imitation Technique, a feat that no other Kage were able to do. His chakra is so powerful, that when he combined it with his [Uzumaki|son's] [Rasengan|Vanishing Rasengan], it turned it into a gigantic [Ball Rasengan|Ultra-Big Ball Rasengan] powerful enough to best the [Edible Creation|empowered] [Ōtsutsuki|Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki] who tried to use a copy of the technique to defeat his, ultimately killing the Ōtsutsuki.While naturally a short-range fighter, Naruto was not adept at the use of taijutsu during Part I, as he required the use of unpredictable attacks to surprise combat experts like [Inuzuka|Kiba Inuzuka] and Neji. He often utilised shadow clones or Kurama's chakra to simply overwhelm his foes; with the former, he created techniques such as the [Uzumaki Combo|Naruto Uzumaki Combo] and its [Uzumaki Two Thousand Combo|stronger] [Region Combo|versions]. Although these tactics resume in Part II, Naruto becomes much more adept at taijutsu due to Jiraiya's training. After []'s tutelage, he was capable of fending off a pair of skilled kenjutsu users on his own. Two years after the war, Naruto's taijutsu improved to such an extent, that he could defeat dozens of opponents without requiring shadow clones or enhancements. As Hokage, his taijutsu grew to the point he could pressure Momoshiki after he had absorbed Kinshiki. His speed had also increased to the point where he could effortlessly catch up with [] after he tried to escape.
Body Modifications Edit
After having lost his right arm during his final battle with Sasuke, [] cultured an artificial prosthesis for him using the cells of [Senju|Hashirama Senju]. Though he has yet to display any special abilities from the artificial arm's unique cellular composition, like the [Release|Wood Release] or self-sustaining without nourishment, the arm has [Ability|further augmented] his stamina and healing capacities. However, similar to Madara and Obito's own usage of this prosthesis, he can easily remove and replace it. After Momoshiki's defeat, Naruto took inspiration from his [absorption technique|chakra absorption technique] and had [Tōno|Katasuke Tōno] and the [Ninja Weapons Team|Scientific Ninja Weapons Team] develop a new prototype mechanical prosthesis for him. This artificial limb possesses the ability to both absorb and neutralize an opponent's techniques, though they have yet to replicate Momoshiki's ability to discharge them as a counterattack.
Jinchūriki Transformations Edit
- Main article: Jinchūriki FormsAs the jinchūriki of Kurama's Yang half, Naruto had access to a massive chakra reserve, which was at least a hundredfold greater than Kakashi's. Due to his inheriting his mother's unique chakra capacities and being Kurama's jinchūriki for essentilly his entire life, Naruto's chakra has properly mixed with the fox's, allowing him to perform several chakra-taxing techniques unhindered. Originally while accessing Kurama's chakra, typically through sheer rage, enhanced Naruto's abilities, the fox's negative influence made Naruto more aggressive. While essentially remaining himself up to accessing a [Forms#Version 1|Version 1] state, [Forms#Version 2|Version 2] would make him lose control and turn [Beast Control|feral] forms, requiring outside assistance to suppress Kurama's power through [Seal|various] [Sixty-Year-Old Technique — Kakuan Entering Society with Bliss-Bringing Hands|methods] and regain control. These drawbacks caused Naruto to rely on his own strength instead of Kurama's until he proved capable of controlling it completely. By the time he became the jinchūriki of Kurama's Yin half, he could access his Version 1 form without any loss in his mentality.Realising he could not avoid using Kurama's power, Naruto sought to control it with help from [B|Killer B], the jinchūriki of [], and unexpectedly, his own mother, Kushina. Upon succeeding and taking most of Kurama's chakra, Naruto attained [Chakra Mode|Nine-Tails Chakra Mode], which greatly increased his physical parameters. As he didn't have Kurama's cooperation, Naruto needed to exercise extreme caution while using the form, as the chakra exchange could cost him his life. Eventually, when Kurama acknowledged Naruto's life-long strength of character and Naruto learned the fox's true name, their new-found friendship granted Naruto access to [Chakra Mode#Kurama Mode|Kurama Mode], which further increased his physical parameters. This cooperation of Kurama also provides Naruto with an immediate resistance from genjutsu. Two years later, he could isolate the form with one hand, either to enhance his strength or to block attacks.Failing to transform into a replica of Kurama at first, Naruto instead achieved a [Beast Mode|Tailed Beast Mode] in the unique form of a life-sized transparent avatar of chakra. In it, he could create [Beast Ball|Tailed Beast Ball]s and revitalise the life forces of any who entered the shroud, heal severe burns, or have them temporarily don chakra-cloaks. After he became the jinchūriki of Kurama's complete self, Naruto was capable of manifesting the demon fox outside himself for a period akin to summoning, allowing both to fight as separate entities. Naruto had also received chakra from the other tailed beasts during the Fourth Shinobi World War, which made him a human pillar for the [Paths Senjutsu|power of Ten Tails]. This allowed him to access their unique abilities himself, or infuse them into his Rasengan and its [Art: Super Tailed Beast Rasenshuriken|variants]. With an infusion of all nine different tailed beasts' respective chakra inside of him, Naruto has become a medium to connect all the tailed beasts to communicate with each other.
Ninjutsu EditIn the Academy, the [Technique|Sexy Technique] was the only technique that Naruto could perform successfully, which had no practical use other than to shock his instructors. Later, he learned new ninjutsu from Jiraiya, able to [Technique|summoning] [] from Mount Myōboku to assist him, and use them to [Food Cart Destroyer Technique|crush] enemies from above. He became skilled in [], able to throw weapons quickly and with precision, or [Directions Shuriken|barrage an enemy] using shadow clones, Naruto's repertoire expanded to [] upon receiving [] near the start of the Fourth Shinobi World War.Naruto can also [Technique|sense] chakra through his enhanced modes. He could identify chakra signatures from vast distances in Sage Mode, detect [Emotions Sensing|negative emotions] in Nine-Tails Chakra Mode, and empower his sensory abilities to the highest possible level in Six Paths Sage Mode, which allowed him to sense the [Border Jail|invisible shadows] of Limbo. In the anime, Jiraiya introduced Naruto to [ninjutsu|cooperation ninjutsu], learning how to combine his techniques with others to create an even more powerful one. The collaboration techniques he performed with other individuals typically utilised his own elemental affinity, such as the [Water Vortex Technique|Typhoon Water Vortex Technique] with [], the [Release: Toad Gun|Wind Release: Toad Gun] with [], and the [Release: Halo Hurricane Jet Black Arrow Style Zero|Scorch Release: Halo Hurricane Jet Black Arrow Style Zero] with Sasuke.
Shadow Clone Technique EditTemplate:See also images
Naruto's first trademark technique was the [Clone Technique|Shadow Clone Technique]. While back in the Academy he failed to perform a basic illusionary clone, after briefly studying the [of Seals|Scroll of Seals], to save Iruka who risked his life for Naruto, he overcame this by performing the Shadow Clone Technique on a [Shadow Clone Technique|mass scale]. From then on, Naruto's skill with the Shadow Clone Technique blossomed to great heights. Having unusually high chakra reserves, Naruto could use this technique to create hundreds of shadow clones and retain a decent amount of chakra in each one with relative ease. He could use them to outnumber or deceive his enemies in combat, manoeuvre himself in mid-air, transform into weapons, scout areas, or test an opponent's abilities. During his elemental-affinity training, Naruto learned that the user of a shadow clone receives all of the knowledge and conditioning clones gained once they had dispersed. This method allowed him to drastically speed up his training, as he could in effect gain years worth of experience in just days. By the time he became Hokage, Naruto's usage of this technique on mass-scale and prolonged-periods allowed him to constantly perform multiple simultaneous tasks throughout the village daily, although he does have a tendency to overexert himself, leaving him exhausted afterward.
Rasengan EditTemplate:See also images
Naruto's second trademark technique was the [], a one-handed technique created by his father. Due to his poor chakra control, Naruto often used a shadow clone to form the spherical shape while he provided the chakra. Over time, Naruto developed [Ball Rasengan|larger] [Ball Rasengan|versions] of the Rasengan, perform it faster, and even have his shadow clones [Spiralling Serial Spheres|make] [Art: Many Ultra-Big Ball Spiralling Serial Spheres|their] [Ball Spiralling Serial Zone Spheres|own] Rasengan. During the Fourth Shinobi World War, he learned to use the Rasengan and its variants unaided with a single hand, or even form one in both hands simultaneously. He also increased the size of his standard Rasengan, making it noticeably larger. Naruto had also shown the ability to release the Rasengan as an energy wave, or as a projectile in the anime. Using senjutsu or Kurama's chakra, Naruto could create [Technique: Spiralling Serial Spheres|more] [Strife Spheres|powerful] and [Absorption Sphere|elaborate] [Rasengan|variations] of the Rasengan; using the latter, he even developed the [Mini-Tailed Beast Ball|Super Mini-Tailed Beast Ball], performing it in a similar manner to the Rasengan.
Nature Transformation EditNaruto's natural affinity is [Release|Wind Release], which he learned from [Sarutobi|Asuma Sarutobi] to [Flow|flow] into his weapons to increase their offensive might. Using shadow clones, he couple the complete difficult task of adding his elemental nature to the Rasengan, something no one, including his father, had been able to succeed at. One shadow clone helped form the Rasengan, while the other provided the Wind chakra, which produced the [Release: Rasengan|Wind Release: Rasengan] and the [Release: Rasenshuriken|Wind Release: Rasenshuriken]. Two years after its creation, he became skilled enough to form a Rasenshuriken without any shadow clones and throw it in his base form, a feat which he previously could only do while using his enhanced modes. He also created []-[Release: Ultra-Big Ball Rasenshuriken|sized] [Ball Rasenshuriken|variations], and could even use [Release: Repeated Rasenshuriken|two Rasenshuriken] simultaneously.
After gaining the [Paths Senjutsu|Six Paths Senjutsu], Naruto can utilise all five nature transformations, as well as [Release|Yin–Yang Release]. He could make perfect use of the latter to revitalise life-forces, heal whomever he touches, and restore missing organs. After gaining chakra from the respective tailed beasts, Naruto can also use []'s [Release|Magnet Release], [Gokū|Son Gokū]'s [Release|Lava Release], and []'s [Release|Boil Release]. While mainly relying on Wind Release as a genin, as Hokage, Naruto expanded his fighting style to include [Release|Earth Release], which he utilises in the form of [Release: Earth-Style Wall|sturdy earth walls].
Senjutsu EditNaruto later trained in [] at Mount Myōboku, which was only possible due to his high chakra reserves. Unlike Jiraiya, he was able to perfectly balance [energy|natural energy] with his chakra, and enter a complete Sage Mode, symbolised by the orange pigmentation around his eyes. Using Sage Mode made Naruto's techniques stronger, enhanced his physical parameters, and allowed him to utilise the [Kata|Frog Kata] taijutsu style. Since Fukasaku was unable to [Art: Amphibian Technique|fuse] with Naruto and gather natural energy for him (due to Kurama's interference), Naruto had to employ shadow clones instead to maintain the technique. Once they disperse, the natural energy they absorb would transfer to the original, allowing him to use Sage Mode for a number of times. However, creating more than five shadow clones overall would disrupt the focus of the clones gathering natural energy. The need for this method diminishes over time as Naruto became capable of entering Sage Mode much faster. However, after finding unity with Kurama, Naruto overcame this problem and learned to combine Sage Mode with Kurama's chakra to further enhance his abilities, such that he could resist []'s control and shatter [Ball|Truth-Seeking Ball]s.
Six Paths Sage Mode Edit
- Main article: Six Paths Sage ModeWith the power given to him by Hagoromo, Naruto gained access to the Template:Translation. In this mode, his pupils take on a cross-like shape — without manifesting the orange pigmentation around his eyes present in Sage Mode. Going further, Naruto donned a new Nine-Tails Chakra Mode cloak, which he could access instantly and maintain much longer than his standard Sage Mode. Naruto's physical attributes and techniques are further augmented, to the point where he could dodge [Art: Storm Release Light Fang|attacks] at the speed of light and deflect Truth-Seeking Balls.
Six Paths Senjutsu Edit
- Main article: Six Paths Senjutsu
Intelligence EditWhile headstrong and often acting without thinking, Naruto's years as a prankster had given him a cunning imagination that was useful in battle. He was a remarkable tactile learner, able to learn better through executing a task rather than understanding the theory of it. Once they see him in action, even the likes of the Second Hokage revise their thoughts about Naruto's intellect and instinct in battle. After meeting Hagoromo, Naruto gained the innate ability to grasp the nature of chakra and comprehend all universal things, allowing him to quickly master the new powers he received. By adulthood he had become a capable teacher during the blank period, instructing students at Konoha's [Academy|Ninja Academy] and training them to become ninja.
Naruto's most famous mental skill lies in his ability to deceive his opponents, as he made effective use of even the most [Technique|simple techniques] to trick the [Paths of Pain|deadliest of opponents]. He could formulate multi-step plans or backup plans in the thick of battle, and act quickly even when given new information. His strategies typically involved shadow clones. He could direct his opponent's attention towards one of his clones to disguise his own movements, transform his clones into objects or other individuals for surprise attacks, and could seemingly make himself predictable by creating a pattern, only to throw off his opponent by breaking it. He has even thrown in what others would call [Reverse Harem Technique|random, completely useless supplementary techniques] at [Ōtsutsuki|powerful opponents] and successfully created a decent opening for a counterattack. Naruto is rather observant, able to notice details others may overlook and subsequently take advantage of them to overcome his opponents.
Part I Edit
Prologue — Land of Waves EditFailing once again to graduate from the [], a disappointed Naruto is advised by one of his instructors, [], to steal the [of Seals|Scroll of Seals] and learn a technique from it in order to graduate. As Naruto struggled to learn the [Clone Technique|Shadow Clone Technique], [Umino|Iruka Umino] tracked him down and realised that Naruto was tricked by Mizuki into stealing the scroll. Mizuki attacked them and told Naruto about the Nine-Tails sealed within him, claiming that Iruka hated him because of it. When Iruka risked his life to protect Naruto, however, he saw through Mizuki's lies and used the [Shadow Clone Technique|Multiple Shadow Clone Technique] to defeat him, prompting Iruka to happily grant Naruto his graduation from the Academy. Naruto would later befriend [Sarutobi|Konohamaru Sarutobi], grandson of the [Hokage|Third Hokage], and teach him several perverted or useful techniques.Naruto was eventually assigned to [Kakashi|Team 7], partnered with [Uchiha|Sasuke Uchiha] and [Haruno|Sakura Haruno] under the leadership of [Hatake|Kakashi Hatake]. During their first meeting, Naruto shared his love of ramen, his hobbies, and his dream to become Hokage. To test their qualifications, Kakashi gave the team a [test|bell test], stating that whichever of the three takes one of the two bells on his person will officially become []. Instead of hiding like Sakura and Sasuke, Naruto tried to take the bells from Kakashi by force, only to be easily defeated, hung upside-down from a tree and tied to a wooden post in an attempt to steal lunch. After Sakura and Sasuke fail as well, Kakashi explains that the goal of the test was to use teamwork, to do together what none of them could do by themselves. He is persuaded to allow them to try again after lunch, but instructs Sasuke and Sakura not to feed Naruto. They feed him anyway, needing him in top-form if they're to work together. Kakashi sees this and, because they care more about the team than listening to his instructions, allows them all to pass.After a series of uneventful [] missions, Naruto is able to secure a [] mission for Team 7: escorting [] to the [of Waves|Land of Waves]. Soon after leaving Konoha, they are attacked by the [Brothers|Demon Brothers]. Naruto is paralysed with fear, forcing Sasuke to step in to disarm them and protect Tazuna until Kakashi can capture them. Tazuna confesses that assassins have been hired to kill him but that he couldn't afford the bodyguard detail he needs. Although the mission is now [] in nature - far beyond the skill of genin - Team 7 decides to continue with it. Angered by Sasuke's taunting of him, Naruto cuts his hand to bleed out the poison he received earlier, vowing to never waver again. When they arrive in the [of Waves|Land of Waves] and are confronted by [Momochi|Zabuza Momochi], Naruto is overwhelmed by the battle between Kakashi and Zabuza before he is knocked aside by Zabuza's [clone|water clone]. Remembering his vow, Naruto regained his confidence and teamed up with Sasuke to free Kakashi from Zabuza's [Prison|Water Prison]. In the end, Zabuza is seemingly killed by [], allowing Team 7 to escort Tazuna back to his house. Kakashi finds Zabuza's death suspicious and decides to train the team in case he returns. He has them perform the [Climbing Practice|Tree Climbing Practice] to improve their chakra control, which will help them against Zabuza. Naruto becomes frustrated after several failures and asks for advice from Sakura, who herself mastered it from the start. Now rapidly improving, Naruto competes with Sasuke to finish the training, each determined to outdo the other. One day, Naruto encounters Haku (albeit unaware of his true identity) and they each discussed their dreams and desire to protect those precious to them. After Haku leaves, Naruto finishes the training with Sasuke but is left exhausted, so Team 7 leaves him behind the next morning as they resume their escort duties. Naruto awakens and arrives to assist Team 7 in fighting Zabuza and Haku, but, unaware of how Haku's [Mirroring Ice Crystals|Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals] work, he joins Sasuke within the prison.Naruto cannot break free with his shadow clones and Sasuke cannot melt the ice with his fire. As Haku moves in to kill Naruto, Sasuke uses his body as a shield to protect Naruto and seemingly dies. Enraged by Sasuke's apparent death, Naruto unwittingly accesses the [Forms#Initial Jinchūriki Form|Nine-Tails' chakra] for the first time, allowing him to destroy the ice mirrors and defeat Haku, breaking his mask. Realising his opponent was the boy he met before, Naruto calms himself. He is asked by Haku to kill him, since he feels of no further use to Zabuza. Before Naruto can do so, Haku immediately stops him and goes off to save Zabuza from being killed by Kakashi, sacrificing his own life. When Zabuza refuses to appreciate this, Naruto angrily scolds him, stating that Haku gave up his life to save someone precious to him. Touched by his words, Zabuza, using Naruto's kunai, killed Gatō and many of his henchmen before he himself dies. Sasuke soon awakens, and when their injuries heal, Team 7 leaves for home via Tazuna's newly-constructed [Naruto Bridge|Great Naruto Bridge].
Chūnin Exams Edit
Team 7 resumes its series of unremarkable missions. For their performance in the Land of Waves, however, Kakashi decides to enter them in the [Exams|Chūnin Exams] taking place in Konoha, which greatly excites Naruto. Because they've only recently graduated from the Academy, the three feel they must give strong showings to prove themselves. When they enter the exam hall, the team is met by [Lee|Rock Lee], who challenges Sasuke to a fight; Naruto tries to attack Lee in jealousy, but is easily swept aside. The fight is interrupted by [Guy|Might Guy], after which Naruto notes that the bandages around Lee's arms signify his arduous taijutsu training.
During the exam's first stage, the participating genin are given a written test, the goal of which is to cheat without getting caught. Unaware of this, Naruto struggles to answer the questions, so [Hyūga|Hinata Hyūga], who is seated next to him, offers to let him to copy off her paper. Despite the temptation, Naruto declined Hinata's offer, claiming that he isn't the type to cheat and that they might be disqualified if they are caught. Before the tenth question can be given, the genin are presented with the opportunity to forfeit; Naruto refuses to do so, declaring his refusal to give up and his goal to still become Hokage. His determination to face the tenth question despite the potential consequences inspires the rest of the genin to do the same, and so they pass the first stage.For the second phase, teams enter the [of Death|Forest of Death] with the objective of obtaining a set of two scrolls, one of which they are given at the start. Naruto becomes separated from his team and is attacked and swallowed by a giant snake. He manages to kill it and regroups with his frightened teammates against []. Angered by Sasuke's sudden cowardice and resignation, Naruto engages Orochimaru using the Nine-Tails' chakra, defeats his giant snake, and taunts Sasuke before Orochimaru [Element Seal|suppresses] the Nine-Tails' chakra, rendering Naruto unconscious. After he awakens, Team 7 continues its search for the second scroll, which they eventually gain by defeating [Oboro|Team Oboro], allowing them to pass the second stage.In the preliminary matches of the exam, Naruto was pitted against [Inuzuka|Kiba Inuzuka] and his dog, []. Believing the match to be an easy victory, Kiba and Akamaru overwhelmed Naruto with many high-speed attacks, so Naruto tricks Kiba into knocking Akamaru out of the fight by using the [Technique|Transformation Technique], shocking all spectators. Naruto then disorients Kiba by farting in his face and defeats him with the [Uzumaki Combo|Naruto Uzumaki Combo] (which he invented from watching Sasuke's [Combo|Lion Combo]). When Neji and Hinata's match begins, Naruto is enraged by Neji's ruthless tirade against Hinata and cheers Hinata on to defeat Neji. Although Hinata is defeated, Naruto wipes up her blood and vows to defeat Neji in the finals.During the month of training, Naruto first meets [] (who knocked out [], Naruto's original teacher) and trains under the [] to improve his chakra control. Recognising Naruto as the Nine-Tails' jinchūriki, Jiraiya [Elements Unseal|removes] the seal Orochimaru had placed on Naruto to ease his control and begins teaching him to how use the Nine-Tails' power by [Technique|summoning] []. To accelerate Naruto's slow progress, Jiraiya pushes him over a cliff, causing Naruto to enter his subconscious and meet the Nine-Tails. Working past his fear, he bravely demands chakra from it as "rent" for living in his body. The Nine-Tails complies and Naruto summons [], though he exhausts himself and ends up in the [Hospital|hospital], where he is visited by [Nara|Shikamaru Nara]. After talking, he and Naruto stop [] from killing [Lee|Rock Lee] in the next room and listen to Gaara's story of his childhood, which Naruto finds very similar to his own. Gaara prepares to kill them, but [Guy|Might Guy] intervenes and forces Gaara to retreat. On the day of the finals, Naruto meets Hinata at the [Training Ground|Third Training Ground] and expresses his doubts about his upcoming match with Neji. Hinata reassures Naruto that he never gave up because he always had the strength to overcome his own failures, admiring him for it. Reinvigorated, Naruto thanks Hinata and tells her even though he first thought she was weird, he now likes her.Facing Neji in the first match of the finals, Naruto began by creating shadow clones to overwhelm Neji's with sheer numbers. Deeming Naruto a failure who could never defeat a genius like himself, Neji easily defeats Naruto's clones and seals his chakra with [Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms|Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms]. Determined to prove Neji's ideals about fate wrong, Naruto tapped into the Nine-Tails' chakra and, revitalised, clashed with Neji. When the smoke cleared, Neji emerges and Naruto lies defeated. This, however, was only a shadow clone, and the real Naruto burst from the ground beneath Neji, defeating him with an uppercut. Before he is declared the winner, Naruto tells Neji that creating clones was once his shortcoming and that Neji needs to stop believing in inescapable fate. When Sasuke finally arrives for his match with fought Gaara, Naruto is envious of Sasuke's improvements, but is later [of Nirvana Technique|put to sleep] along with most of the audience, commencing the [Crush|Konoha Crush].
Konoha Crush EditSakura wakes up Naruto so they can pursue Sasuke, who was pursuing Gaara himself. They arrive in time for Naruto to kick Gaara away before he can kill Sasuke. Partially transformed into [], Gaara knocks Sakura unconscious and binds her to a tree, forcing Naruto to battle him, with little success. Naruto relates to Gaara's painful life as a jinchūriki, but he is not willing to let anything to happen to Sakura and Sasuke. Determined to protect his friends, Naruto creates an army of shadow clones to [Uzumaki Two Thousand Combo|relentlessly batter] Gaara, forcing him to [Beast Mode|fully transform] into Shukaku, to which Naruto responds by summoning Gamabunta.Gaara [Sleep Technique|puts himself to sleep] to give control of his body to Shukaku, forcing Naruto and Gamabunta to figure out a way to end the jutsu. They do so by [Transformation|transforming] into a giant fox (the Nine-Tails in the anime) to restrain Shukaku, allowing Naruto to awaken Gaara with a solid punch to the face. Shukaku's influence disappears, but Gaara regains control and traps Naruto with his sand. Naruto escapes by tapping into the Nine-Tails' chakra, and headbutts Gaara when he is close enough, destroying Shukaku's form. Exhausted from the fight, the two leap at each other for one final exchange, and Naruto punches Gaara, claiming victory.
Naruto and Gaara fall to the ground, unable to move. Slowly crawling towards Gaara, Naruto explained that he also suffered a painful and lonely life, but was later saved by having friends. To that end, he will do anything to protect them, even if it means killing Gaara. Understanding Naruto's true strength, Gaara retreated with [] and [] with a new outlook on life, while Naruto passes out from exhaustion and is returned to Konoha with Sasuke and a rescued Sakura. A few days later, Team 7 attends the [Hokage|Third Hokage]'s funeral.
Search for Tsunade Edit
Jiraiya is tasked with finding [], a candidate for Fifth Hokage, and convinces Naruto to accompany him by promising to teach him a technique stronger than Sasuke's []. Stopping at an inn in [Town|Shukuba Town], Naruto was approached by [Hoshigaki|Kisame Hoshigaki] and [Uchiha|Itachi Uchiha] of [], who intend to capture the Nine-Tails. When Sasuke shows up and furiously attacks Itachi, Naruto gathers the Nine-Tails' chakra to help Sasuke, but it is absorbed by Kisame's []. Jiraiya soon arrives and drives off Itachi and Kisame, but Sasuke is left mentally and physically damaged by Itachi. [Guy|Might Guy] appears and takes Sasuke back to Konoha, but not before giving Naruto a spare green jumpsuit.To prepare for the next encounter with Akatsuki, Naruto begins learning the [], completing two of its three learning steps. Taking a break from training, Naruto and Jiraiya eventually found Tsunade and her assistant [] at a restaurant. When Tsunade refuses the offer to become Hokage and insults all who held the title, an angry Naruto challenged her to a fight and attacked her with an incomplete Rasengan, only to be easily defeated. Impressed by his progress, however, Tsunade makes a bet with Naruto: if he can master the Rasengan in a week, he gets the [Hokage's Necklace|First Hokage's Necklace]; if not, she gets his []. Naruto agreed and spent the week trying to perfect the Rasengan, but has no success and collapses from exhaustion. Once he recovers, Naruto heads out with Jiraiya and Shizune to stop Tsunade from meeting with Orochimaru.They arrive to see Tsunade, who never intended to aid Orochimaru, in the midst of battle with [Yakushi|Kabuto Yakushi]. When Tsunade is incapacitated, Naruto fights Kabuto in her place and eventually defeats him with a perfected Rasengan, which he formed by using a shadow clone. Naruto collapses almost immediately afterwards, his heart muscles torn by Kabuto, but Tsunade successfully manages to heal him, gives him the necklace he wins, and accepts the position of Hokage. After Orochimaru and Kabuto are defeated, Naruto and the others return to Konoha, Tsunade confidently believing Naruto would someday become a great Hokage.
Land of Tea Escort Mission Edit
- Main article: Land of Tea Escort Mission
Sasuke Recovery Mission EditNaruto visits a recovering Sasuke at the hospital, but is immediately challenged to a fight, to which Naruto eventually agrees. The fight escalates quickly, culminating with Naruto using Rasengan and Sasuke using Chidori. Kakashi arrives and deflects their attacks into opposing water towers before they can clash, Naruto unknowingly doing more damage than Sasuke. Distressed by Sasuke's behavior, Sakura informs Naruto of the cursed seal Sasuke received from Orochimaru, though Naruto assures Sakura that Sasuke would never abandon Konoha for power. Unfortunately, Sasuke does just that and Naruto joins the [Recovery Team|Sasuke Recovery Team] in order to bring him back; he promises a tearful Sakura to do so before he leaves. En route to Sasuke, the team encounters members of the [Four|Sound Four], each of which battles a member of the recovery team, while Naruto engages []. Overwhelmed by Kimimaro's taijutsu skills, Naruto is saved at the last minute by Rock Lee, who volunteers to fight Kimimaro while Naruto heads after Sasuke.Naruto finally meets Sasuke at the [of the End|Valley of the End]. His pleas for Sasuke to come back to Konoha and warnings that Orochimaru will [Corpse Reincarnation|take his body] fall on deaf ears. Naruto starts attacking him, ready to take him back to Konoha by force if necessary. Undeterred, Sasuke responds by tapping into his cursed seal and landing a series of heavy blows on Naruto. It becomes painfully clear to Naruto that Sasuke is fighting with an intent to kill, so Naruto utilises the Nine-Tails' chakra to overpower Sasuke. Naruto says that Sasuke is like a brother to him and that he will do anything to protect that bond. Sasuke vows to sever that bond, but acknowledges Naruto as an equal by putting on his forehead protector. They continue trading blows, with Naruto eventually manifesting a [Forms#Version 1|fox-shaped cloak] and Sasuke entering his [Seal of Heaven|cursed seal]'s second level. Naruto clashes his Rasengan with Sasuke's Chidori, and within the dome of resulting energy they trade final blows: Sasuke punches Naruto and Naruto scratches Sasuke's forehead protector.
When the energy dissipates, Naruto lies defeated, but Sasuke spares him and continues his way to Orochimaru, leaving his scratched forehead protector behind. Kakashi and [] arrive late and failing to retrieve Sasuke, leave with Naruto. In the hospital, Naruto once again promises Sakura to bring Sasuke home someday to Sakura that he would someday bring Sasuke home. Soon after, Jiraiya arrived with an offer to train Naruto for preparation against Orochimaru and Akatsuki in three years and to give up on Sasuke, as he is no different from Orochimaru. Naruto accepts Jiraiya's training, but refuses to give up on Sasuke, satisfying Jiraiya.
Original Anime Arcs EditTemplate:See alsoIn the anime, Tsunade gives Naruto several missions with members of the [11|Konoha 11] to keep him busy while Jiraiya collects more information about Akatsuki. As in the manga, Naruto later departs with Jiraiya to begin his three-year training, after making a determined gesture at the Fourth Hokage's statue.Template:-L
Gutsy Master and Student: The Training Edit
In the anime, shortly after leaving Konoha, Jiraiya and Naruto discuss the fact that Naruto will need to learn how to counter genjutsu if he hopes to be a match against Sasuke the next time they meet. Naruto practices with [] to dispel genjutsu, but he struggles with it and his chakra keeps hitting Gamariki, who doesn't appreciate it. Naruto follows Jiraiya to the [Tree Village|Genjutsu Tree Village] to try a different approach, but they discover the village has been taken over by []. They free the villagers and then attack Kandachi, who Naruto eventually defeats with his newly-created [Ball Rasengan|Big Ball Rasengan]. As they leave afterwards, Jiraiya is pleased by how similar Naruto is to [Namikaze|Minato Namikaze] and hugs him, which Naruto is bothered by.
In Naruto's Footsteps: The Friends' Paths Edit
Two years into their training, Naruto's control of the Nine-Tails' chakra has improved significantly. Jiraiya tries to give him more access to the Nine-Tails' power and uses [] to weaken Naruto's [Trigrams Sealing Style|Eight Trigrams Sealing Style]. Seizing the opportunity, the Nine-Tails mocked Naruto for his inability to save Sasuke, using Naruto's negative emotions to force him to enter a [2|version 2] form with four tails. Not in control of his body, Naruto attacks Jiraiya and nearly kills him before he manages to suppress the Nine-Tails. Naruto has no memory of what happened and Jiraiya doesn't tell him, instead shifting Naruto's training to other pursuits, including keeping his anger in check so that the Nine-Tails won't flare up again.
Part II Edit
Kazekage Rescue Mission Edit
Naruto and Jiraiya return to Konoha after two-and-a-half years of training, where Naruto becomes surprised by Tsunade's newly-formed statue on [Rock|Hokage Rock]. He greets his old friends afterwards: he gives Kakashi a copy of [Icha Tactics|Icha Icha Tactics] as a gift; he catches up with Sakura, whom he has become taller than; he gets back into a competition of [Technique|Sexy Technique]s with [Sarutobi|Konohamaru Sarutobi], only to be violently reprimanded by Sakura. Kakashi reforms Team 7 with them and gives them another [test|bell test], but unlike last time, taking the bells from him is the real objective. As with last time, Naruto launches a first attack before the test officially begins, but this time it nearly succeeds. Despite their improved abilities, Naruto and Sakura were still unable to get a bell through conventional means, and it was only by Naruto's threat to spoil the latest [Icha|Icha Icha] novel that they distracted Kakashi long enough to take the bells.
While Team 7 tries without success to find a mission to go on that Naruto won't complain about, word reaches Konoha that [] has kidnapped [], the []. Team 7 is sent to Sunagakure to assist in rescuing Gaara. On their way to Suna, Naruto explains that Gaara was kidnapped because he is the [] of the [], just as Naruto is the jinchūriki of the []. Upon arrival in Suna, Naruto defends Kakashi from []'s assault when she mistakes him for his father. Team 7 gathers what intel they can on Gaara's kidnappers and leave to go after them; Chiyo volunteers to escort them since they aren't familiar with the country around Suna. Naruto promises a recovering [] to rescue Gaara before they leave.While en route to an Akatsuki lair, they are confronted by [Uchiha|Itachi Uchiha], who traps Naruto in a genjutsu. Sakura and Chiyo release him, allowing Naruto to team up with Kakashi and defeat Itachi with a [Ball Rasengan|Big Ball Rasengan]. The Itachi is discovered to be an [Technique|impostor], so they continue to the Akatsuki lair, meeting up with [Guy|Team Guy], who takes down the barrier over the entrance so that Team 7 can get in. They find Gaara's body finds with his kidnappers, [] and []. Deidara flies off with Gaara's body with Naruto and Kakashi in pursuit, leaving Sasori to Chiyo and Sakura. Naruto, enraged, makes repeated failed attempts to rescue Gaara before he is calmed by Kakashi, who uses his new [Sharingan|Mangekyō Sharingan] to distract Deidara with []. Naruto retrieves Gaara's body, but seeing it drives him over the edge: he furiously attacks Deidara and beats him mercilessly into the ground. Discovering that it was a [Clone|Clay Clone], Naruto slips into his [1|two-tailed] form in rage, but is restored to normal by Kakashi via the [Seal|Chakra-Suppressing Seal].Deidara escapes, while Naruto and Kakashi regroup with Sakura, Chiyo, and Team Guy. Sakura attempts to revive Gaara, but the [Technique: Phantom Dragons Nine Consuming Seals|removal] of Shukaku has caused him to die. Naruto breaks down in tears and angrily lashes out at Chiyo, saying she had no right to make Gaara not only a jinchūriki, but also lose his life because of it. As atonement and with Naruto's aid, Chiyo sacrifices her life to revive Gaara; as the jutsu nears completion, Chiyo voices her faith in Naruto's ability to save Gaara and to become Hokage. Naruto greets Gaara when he awakens, and a few days later, Teams 7 and Guy attend Chiyo's funeral in Suna. Before returning home, Naruto and Gaara shake hands (Gaara using his sand) as a sign to their close relationship.
Tenchi Bridge Reconnaissance Mission EditDuring her fight with Sasori, Sakura learned of an opportunity to meet with a spy in Orochimaru's ranks in a few days' time, hoping it will lead them to Sasuke. Kakashi is left bedridden from his fight with Deidara, so [] leads Team 7 as his replacement. Replacing Sasuke on the team is [], whom Naruto actually encounters earlier and dislikes, declaring him an inferior version of Sasuke. Sai is happy for this distinction and proceeds to degrade Sasuke for defecting from Konoha, forcing Yamato to use his [Release|Wood Release] to break up their fight. Naruto is constantly exasperated by Sai's lack of empathy and his ridicule of Sasuke, but resolves to work with Sai if it means saving Sasuke.Yamato disguises himself as Sasori and goes to the [Bridge|Tenchi Bridge] to meet the spy while Naruto, Sakura, and Sai hide nearby. The spy, [Yakushi|Kabuto Yakushi], begins telling Yamato about Orochimaru's organisation, but they are interrupted by the arrival of Orochimaru, who teams up with Kabuto to fight Yamato, having intended to kill Sasori. Team 7 comes to his aid and Orochimaru, recognising them, taunts Naruto about Sasuke. Naruto is enraged and strikes him, using his [1|version 1] form to make his attacks more devastating. Naruto's rage intensifies as he submits to the Nine-Tails' influence: he destroys the Tenchi Bridge and eventually advances to his [2|version 2] form while fighting Orochimaru. Naruto is soon forced back to the destroyed bridge, where, unable to tell friend from foe, he unknowingly attacks Sakura when she approaches him. Yamato restrains Naruto with his Wood Release and suppresses the Nine-Tails' influence, but its chakra leaves Naruto's body badly damaged. After Sakura heals him, Naruto wakes up unable to remember what happened, but is surprised by the devastated landscape. When they realise that Sai is missing, Yamato reports that he has joined with Orochimaru and Kabuto. On the way, Yamato secretly takes Naruto aside and tells him that he is the one who attacked Sakura. He encourages Naruto to use his own strength instead of the Nine-Tails in order to protect his loved ones. The team locates Sai, whom Yamato has placed a [Wood|trace] on, at Orochimaru's lair and capture him. Restrained, Sai asks why Naruto is determined to save him; Naruto replies that his bond with Sasuke is too precious to be broken and that he will do anything to protect it. Intrigued, Sai switches sides, helping them capture Kabuto and then searching the base for Sasuke on Naruto's behalf. While he's gone, Yamato goes through his belongings and finds evidence that Sai has been assigned to assassinate Sasuke.When they find Sai, he explains that he truly does want to help retrieve Sasuke, and in fact has already found him: Naruto and Sakura are speechless to see Sasuke again. Sasuke reacts with indifference to them, but Naruto remarks he can't become Hokage without saving his friend. To demonstrate that they mean nothing to him, Sasuke quickly neutralises them all. As Naruto struggles to avoid the temptation of using the Nine-Tails, Sasuke suddenly appears in Naruto's subconscious using his Sharingan and suppresses the Nine-Tails. He then prepares to kill them, but is persuaded not to by Orochimaru and leaves without further comment. Naruto is upset at having failed once more to bring Sasuke home, but is reminded by Sakura that they need to become stronger and Team 7 returns to Konoha.
Twelve Guardian Ninja Edit
- Main article: Twelve Guardian Ninja (Arc)
Akatsuki Suppression Mission EditOnce Kakashi is done recuperating in the hospital, he assembles Naruto, Sakura, and Sai to discuss their failed mission to retrieve Sasuke. Kakashi believes the best way to match Sasuke is for Naruto to create a new []. As the training began, Naruto discovers that his [] is [] and learns to use the wind nature. Ordinarily, such training would take months or years, but Kakashi advises that Naruto, by training alongside hundreds of [clones|shadow clones] can do the same training in a mere fraction of the time. With Kakashi's instructions and the training grounds created by Yamato, Naruto quickly masters how to use the wind nature. The next step is more difficult for him: combining that nature with the [].Like Kakashi and [Namikaze|Minato Namikaze] before him, Naruto fails several times in trying to combine his nature with the Rasengan; his frustration evokes the Nine-Tails' chakra at times, which Yamato suppresses. With further advice from Kakashi, Naruto finds his solution using two shadow clones: one helps him form the Rasengan and the other adds his wind nature. When they receive news that Asuma died in battle with members of [], they take a break to attend Asuma's funeral. Kakashi leaves Yamato in charge of overseeing Naruto's training so he could help [Asuma|Team 10] avenge Asuma. Having finished his jutsu, Naruto and Team Yamato went to provide assistance, arriving in time to save Kakashi and Team 10 from []. Naruto engages Kakuzu alone with his newly-created [Release: Rasenshuriken|Wind Release: Rasenshuriken], though it dissipates on its first use and Naruto is rescued by Kakashi and Yamato. The technique succeeds the second time, destroying two of Kakuzu's hearts and putting the last one on the brink of failure. Kakashi finishes off Kakuzu and they return to Konoha.
The Rasenshuriken injures Naruto's arm after use and he is forbidden to use the technique ever again. When they visit Ichiraku Ramen, Naruto has a hard time eating while his arm mends, so Sakura opts to help, before the responsibility falls to Sai, then to Kakashi. As they leave afterwards, they are met by Konohamaru, who demonstrates his [Girl on Girl Technique|Sexy: Girl on Girl Technique]; Naruto approves but Sakura is disgusted and violently reprimands him. In the manga, Konohamaru responds with [Boy on Boy Technique|Sexy: Boy on Boy Technique]; Sakura approves but Naruto is disgusted and violently reprimands him.
Three-Tails' Appearance Edit
- Main article: Three-Tails' Appearance
Itachi Pursuit Mission Edit
News reaches Konoha that Sasuke has killed Orochimaru. Realising that this is a good opportunity to try once again to reunite with Sasuke, Kakashi combines Teams 7 and 8 into an [Man Squad|Eight Man Squad] with the mission to find either Sasuke or his assumed target, Itachi. When they split up to search, Naruto, because he's a target of Akatsuki, is given a protective escort in the form of Hinata, Yamato, and []. Their group encounters Kabuto, who offers them intel on Akatsuki and its members, his thanks to Naruto "inspiring" him to overcome Orochimaru after absorbing his remains. Kabuto then escapes.
Tale of Jiraiya the Gallant EditAfter regrouping and [Inuzuka|Kiba Inuzuka] detects Sasuke's trail, Naruto creates shadow clones to search the area faster, one of which encounters Itachi. Itachi repels Naruto's attacks and insists he only wants to talk. He asks Naruto what Sasuke means to him and what he will do if Sasuke ever moves against Konoha. Naruto replies that he is Sasuke's brother – a better brother than Itachi is – and that if Sasuke ever attacks the village he will defend it without killing Sasuke. Itachi is happy with this answer and gives Naruto some assistance for this purpose: a [Crow|special crow] that he stores within Naruto's body. Itachi left, and Naruto continued his search, eventually finding Sasuke.
As they near Sasuke's location they are intercepted by [] of Akatsuki, who prevents them from progressing and who is invulnerable to their attacks.
Fated Battle Between Brothers Edit
As the group continually tries to attack Tobi, he dodges the attacks with ease. Naruto tries several times to attack him with his Rasengan, but without success. Tobi attempts to use a hidden jutsu to attack the teams, but fails at it. Eventually, Zetsu comes to tell him about Sasuke and Itachi's fight. Tobi leaves when he receives news that Sasuke has killed Itachi, and Teams 7 and 8 try to reach Sasuke before he does. Unable to find where Tobi has taken Sasuke, they are forced to return to Konoha.
Six-Tails Unleashed Edit
- Main article: Six-Tails Unleashed
Pain's Assault EditAs Naruto contemplated his meeting with Itachi, he was called to the [Residence|Hokage Residence] to hear sombre news: his master Jiraiya was killed by [], the leader of Akatsuki. Grief-stricken, Naruto blamed Tsunade and spent the day mourning his teacher's death, depressed that Jiraiya cannot see him become Hokage. After being comforted by [] and [], Naruto helped to decipher Jiraiya's dying message and eventually they succeed. Understanding that Jiraiya had bought him time for his own fight with Pain, Naruto went to train with the toads of [Myōboku|Mount Myōboku] to learn []. Naruto trained to harmonise with nature, a process he sped up by using a limited number of shadow clones. He rapidly progressed through the training stages and attained a perfect [Mode|Sage Mode], which Jiraiya was unable able to do. News of [Assault|Pain's Assault] on Konoha reached them, they began to mobilise for battle.As Naruto, [], [], [], [], and [] were summoned to the centre of Konoha, the group was confronted by the [Paths of Pain|Six Paths of Pain], who had just destroyed the village. After destroying the [Path|Asura Path] before it could attack Tsunade, Naruto told her to make sure everyone left the battle to him. After a brief skirmish with [Path|Animal Path], Naruto and the toads defeated the Animal, [], and [Path|Human Path]s before running out of senjutsu chakra. Naruto revealed that he had two shadow clones waiting back at [Myōboku|Mount Myōboku] to revitalise him with natural energy. Naruto went back on the offensive, dispatching the healed Preta and Naraka Path, before the Deva Path regained its full power. Pain killed Fukasaku and used the opportunity to capture Naruto, pinning him down to the ground.With Naruto restrained, Pain opened up his reasons for Akatsuki, their plan for the tailed beasts, and the peaceful world he wanted to create. Though Naruto rejected his notion that using a weapon to force peace, he could offer no alternative. Before Pain could depart with Naruto, he was attacked by [Hyūga|Hinata Hyūga]. Declaring her love for Naruto and vowing to protect him, she continued to fight against Pain before she was subdued and critically wounded. Believing Hinata to had been killed, an enraged Naruto erupted into his [2|six-tailed form]. Resisting the [Hokage's Necklace|First Hokage's Necklace]'s attempted to quell the transformation and destroying it, the Nine-Tails attacked Pain, forcing him out of the village to get close enough to his actual body to use the [Tensei|Chibaku Tensei], trapping Naruto within the small satellite. The technique was not enough to stop the Nine-Tails, however, as it simply progressed to [Forms#Partial Transformation|eight-tailed form] to force its way out of the satellite. Meanwhile within his subconscious, Naruto was tempted by the Nine-Tails to open its seal to save him from the pain of not having Pain's answer for peace. However, before Naruto could, [] appeared, having left some of his chakra within the seal in case of an emergency to protect his son. Overjoyed at meeting his father, but angered that he would condemn him to life as a jinchūriki, Naruto listened to his father encouraging him, confident that he would find a way to break the cycle of hatred. After repairing the seal, Minato disappeared and the newly-inspired Naruto prepared to resume his battle with Pain.Confidence restored, Naruto was greatly relieved to learn that not only had Hinata survived, but nobody was injured during his rampage. After clever use of shadow clones, Naruto destroyed the Deva Path with a Rasengan, defeating the last of Pain's Six Paths. Using one of Pain's [Receiver|Black Receiver]s, Naruto followed the chakra signal to [] and []'s position. Confronting Nagato, Naruto listened to Nagato's story that turned him into Pain and came to understand why he made the actions he did. Despite not forgiving him, he told Nagato he would not kill him and would instead try to create the better world that their teacher wished for. Moved by Naruto's determination to create a better world, Nagato decided to put his trust in Naruto and sacrificed his own life to [Path: Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique|revive] all the people he had killed in Konoha. Naruto helped Konan retrieve Nagato and []'s bodies for burial in [], and Konan left Naruto a bouquet of paper flowers for him, symbolising their new alliance.Naruto then created a [Memorial|memorial] for [] and left the flowers and a copy of [Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Shinobi|The Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Shinobi] by a rock with the kanji for Template:Translation. While the exhausted Naruto walked back to the village, he was found by Kakashi who carried him the rest of the way. Upon arrival, Naruto was greeted as a hero by the villagers, his dream of acknowledgement being realised at last.
Past Arc: The Locus of Konoha Edit
- Main article: Past Arc: The Locus of Konoha
Five Kage Summit Edit
Sakura informs Naruto that Tsunade fell into a coma and that there's nothing that can be done to bring her out of it. While they talk, they are approached by [] and [], who have come to help rebuild Konoha. They ask about Sasuke, which Naruto avoids going into detail about so as to spare them and Sakura a discussion about Sasuke's defection. After Tazuna and Inari leave, they receive news that [Shimura|Danzō Shimura] has become the next [] and that he has ordered Sasuke be killed as a traitor. Naruto and Sakura approach Sai to ask him how they can convince Danzō to change his mind, but Sai is unable to help. [] and [] of [] overhear them talking about Sasuke and they ask for information about Sasuke, wishing to kill him for his role in Akatsuki's capture of [B|Killer B]. Naruto leads Omoi and Karui away to spare Sakura pain, but refuses to reveal anything about Sasuke. Instead, Naruto allows the Kumo-nin vent their anger by beating him, to which [] obliges until Sai stops her and the Kumo-nin retreat.
Recovering later, Naruto asked Yamato and Kakashi to take him to the [of Iron|Land of Iron], so that he could ask [Raikage|Fourth Raikage] to pardon Sasuke. Upon arrival, the Raikage rejected Naruto's request even with Kakashi and Yamato's assistance and berated him for defending a criminal. Naruto went to a local inn to ponder his next course of action, but was soon confronted by [], who wanted to understand Nagato's change of heart. Naruto ignored the question and demanded to know about his plans with Sasuke. Tobi told him about the [of the Six Paths|Sage of the Six Paths], the Uchiha clan, and the truth about the [Clan Downfall|Uchiha Clan Downfall], all of which now drove Sasuke along [of Hatred|a path of vengeance] against Konoha and anyone else who would dare cross his path. Naruto insisted that that he could still get through to Sasuke, but Tobi laughed and left, saying that Naruto and Sasuke were fated to fight again.While Naruto was practising his Sage Mode's sensory abilities to locate Sasuke, he was interrupted by the arrival of Sakura, [Lee|Rock Lee], Kiba and Sai. Sakura attempted to dissuade Naruto in his attempts to bring Sasuke back to Konoha by falsely telling him that she loved him. However, Naruto knew she was lying and he rejected her confession and her proposal to abandon Sasuke, stating it had nothing to do with his promise to her. After Sakura's party left, Sai's [clone|ink clone] revealed that the rest of the [11|Konoha 11] had decided to kill Sasuke themselves to prevent another war, while Sakura planned to kill Sasuke herself, at Sai's unintended insistence. [], who attended the [Kage Summit|Five Kage Summit] that Sasuke attacked, arrived and revealed Tobi's declaration of the [Shinobi World War|Fourth Shinobi World War], telling Naruto how they would be fighting Sasuke to protect Naruto, but he did advise Naruto to consider for himself what was the right thing to do. After hearing that most of his friends have turned against Sasuke, who now wanted to unleash his vengeance on just about everyone, Naruto hyperventilated and passed out. When he awoke, he was told by Yamato that Kakashi went to stop Sakura from dealing with Sasuke.Using a shadow clone as a decoy, Naruto escaped from the inn and followed Kakashi, arriving just in time to save Sakura from being killed by Sasuke. He tried once more to reason with Sasuke, sympathising with his pain and acknowledging Itachi's sacrifice. However, Sasuke was unmoved and declared his resolve to destroy Konoha and sever the Uchiha's connection to the shinobi world. Naruto then clashed his Rasengan with Sasuke's Chidori, realising that everything in his life he could have easily gone down the same path of Sasuke. Despite his jealousy of him, he had come to like Sasuke and was glad to have met him. Undeterred, Sasuke gave Naruto two choices: kill or be killed; Naruto chose neither. Tobi and [] arrived and prepared to depart with Sasuke. Naruto resolved that if he and Sasuke were to battle again, they would kill each other, but he was willing accept it as he would shoulder Sasuke's hatred alone. Sasuke vowed to kill Naruto first and left with Tobi and Zetsu, while Naruto and his teammates returned to Konoha, with the captive []. Naruto explained the situation to his friends and asked to fight Sasuke alone, determined to get stronger for their upcoming battle.
- Main article: Power (Arc)
Paradise Life on a Boat Edit
- Main article: Paradise Life on a Boat
Fourth Shinobi World War: Countdown EditAs Naruto was about to eat at Ichiraku, he was suddenly summoned back to Mount Myōboku by []. He learns from the [Toad Sage|Great Toad Sage]'s fortune that he would meet an "[]" and would battle a "[Uchiha|young man with powerful eyes]." When [] was summoned to give Naruto the "key" to the [Trigrams Seal|Eight Trigrams Seal], Naruto knew he would need the Nine-Tails' power for the battles to come and accepted the key. Naruto was sent back to Ichiraku, where some of the villagers asked for his autograph. Naruto was unaware of that the five Kage were planning to keep him from the upcoming [Shinobi World War|Fourth Shinobi World War] for his safety on a [island] in the [of Lightning|Land of Lightning] with [], [Guy|Might Guy], [Yamashiro|Aoba Yamashiro], and other Konoha-nin as security. Once at the island, Naruto met [B|Killer B], the jinchūriki of [], and requested to train under him after marvelling at B's mastery of his tailed beast. B refused as he was on vacation, despite Naruto's best efforts to impress him. However, when [] heard Naruto bumped fists with B, he took Naruto was taken to [of Truth|Falls of Truth], where B trained to control the []. Following Motoi's instructions, Naruto sat on the platform in front of the waterfall and closed his eyes to see his true self: Dark Naruto, who berated Naruto on how quickly the Konoha villagers changed their opinions of him and exclaimed that the Nine-Tails liked him better. Inside his mind, Naruto fought his dark self, but found that they were evenly matched. Breaking out of meditation, Naruto questioned Motoi about B's history in order to learn how to conquer his inner darkness.Naruto reminisced about how B and Gaara changed everyone's opinions about them and began to doubt if the Konoha villagers sincerely trusted him. After witnessing B save Motoi from a [squid|giant squid] and resume their friendship, an inspired Naruto returned to the Falls of Truth and confronted Dark Naruto again. With Naruto now having faith in himself, Dark Naruto began to weaken as he asked what his reason for existing was. Naruto answered by hugging him, accepted Dark Naruto as a part of him while thanking him for pushing him to become a better person. Dark Naruto finally relented and faded. B led Naruto and Yamato to a special room in the [Beast Temple|secret temple] behind the waterfall, where Naruto was prepared to fight the Nine-Tails for its chakra. Within his subconscious, Naruto unlocked the seal and engaged the Nine-Tails in battle using [Mode|Sage Mode]. Though he appeared to have the upper hand and drain the Nine-Tails' chakra, the fox instantly planted its own hatred within its absorbed chakra, consuming Naruto.Just before Naruto was completely consumed, the spirit of his mother, [Uzumaki|Kushina Uzumaki], appeared. Naruto believed that Kushina was the Nine-Tails in disguise, earning a hit on the head and an immediately apology from her, who hoped that he did not inherit her short-temper. Realising Kushina was his mother, he tearfully hugged her and the love-filled reunion purged the Nine-Tails' hatred within its drained chakra. With renewed confidence from hearing the story of his parents, Naruto battled the Nine-Tails once more. With his mother's assistance, Naruto successfully weakens the fox long enough to separate it from its chakra. Attaining the [Chakra Mode|Nine-Tails Chakra Mode], Naruto imprisons the emaciated and infuriated Nine-Tails within a [Seal|new, stronger seal], apologising to it as it faded into darkness. Afterwards, Naruto learned from Kushina about his [Clan|heritage], the truth behind the [Demon Fox's Attack|Nine-Tails' attack on Konoha], and how his parents gave their lives to protect him. Naruto told his mother that he could finally understand what a parent's love felt like and that he didn't blame them for what happened, instead feeling glad to be their son. As she fades away, Kushina tearfully hugged Naruto, thanking him for letting her and Minato be his parents.In the real world, Naruto demonstrated his Nine-Tails Chakra Mode to B and Yamato before sensing [Hoshigaki|Kisame Hoshigaki] of [] hidden inside his [] via [Emotions Sensing|his negative emotions]. When Kisame attempted to escape, Naruto used his blinding speed to quickly smash Kisame into the wall, though his foot get stuck. Yamato helps Naruto out while B pursues Kisame and they regroup to see Kisame's defeat by Guy. Kisame is restrained for interrogation, though he breaks free of his confinements through sheer will and summons sharks inside a [prison|water prison] to eat him alive. Shocked by Kisame's suicide, Naruto observes that even those in Akatsuki fight for their comrades. They examine the intel that Kisame was trying to send, which turns out to be booby-trapped: they are each caught in a water prison and are trapped alongside a shark. Another shark, meanwhile, is able to escape with Kisame's intel. After they escape, Naruto is tasked with evacuating the giant animals into the [Turtle|Island Turtle]'s shell and logging the island's ecology as part of his "official" [] mission. He remains unaware that it is a ploy to keep him away from the war.
Fourth Shinobi World War: Confrontation Edit
- Main article: Fourth Shinobi World War: Confrontation
As Naruto and B continued onwards, Naruto's shadow clones started arriving at various locations. In the anime, shadow clones were able to: save the members of the [Recovery Team|Sasuke Recovery Team] from the reincarnated [Four|Sound Four]'s [Technique Formula: Underworld Turnover|Space–Time Technique Formula: Underworld Turnover]; update [] about the fates of the children he was responsible for during life, granting him peace and allowing him to return to the afterlife; run in to [], a childhood friend, and giving Yota a chance to play with him again before releasing himself from the Impure World Reincarnation; assist [] in saving the [Unit|Thundercloud Unit].
Fourth Shinobi World War: Climax Edit
- Main article: Fourth Shinobi World War: Climax
Before they could attack again, Obito returned, landing on top of the Ten-Tails head and seemingly about to use the [of Heavenly Life Technique|Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique] to restore Madara to life. While everyone focused on stopping Obito, Naruto couldn't help but notice that the [seals|hand seals] he was using were different from what Nagato used. Minato tried to cut Obito down, but discovered that it was too late as he sealed the Ten-Tails into his body, becoming its jinchūriki.
Birth of the Ten-Tails' Jinchūriki Edit
- Main article: Birth of the Ten-Tails' JinchūrikiObito used his new power to destroy the barrier, forcing the Hokage to put the energy they were using toward the barrier into the fight instead. Because they had immortal bodies, they launched the first attack so that the others could learn what they could about Obito's new abilities, but they were quickly defeated. Naruto and Sasuke engaged him as well, but were nearly killed, saved only by Naruto using his [arm|chakra arm]s to link to Minato so he could teleport them to safety. Just as before, Naruto and Sasuke combined their attacks, having Minato and the Second Hokage coordinate teleports so that the attack would connect. Obito's [Ball|Truth-Seeking Ball]s dissipated much of the attack and the damage that he did incur was quickly regenerated.From the development and some of the previous exchanges, Minato concluded that Obito was able to neutralise []. Gamakichi, wanting to make some final contribution to the fight before he was forced to return to [Myōboku|Mount Myōboku], attacked with his [Syrup Gun|Starch Syrup Gun]. Minato took this opportunity to try and reason with Obito, reminding him of his former dream to become Hokage. Obito berated the title and those who had held it, as he had surpassed them. Naruto was insulted not only because that was a slight against his father, but also because he hadn't abandoned his dream of being Hokage like Obito had. The Second Hokage teleported him to Obito and he attacked with a Rasengan, which successfully damaged Obito; Naruto noticed that Gamakichi's attack wasn't neutralised and realised Obito was vulnerable to [].With a weakness discovered, Obito trapped the Alliance in a [Red Yang Formation|barrier] and began charging multiple Tailed Beast Balls that he would use to wipe out everyone within its confines. Minato noted that he wouldn't be able to teleport them all away in time, so Naruto came up with a different approach: he linked his chakra with Minato and remotely restored the Alliance's chakra cloaks, networking everyone in with Minato's [Thunder God Technique|Flying Thunder God Technique], allowing him to teleport everyone out of the barrier. Minato did so and was afterwards very proud of his son, saying he wished they had more time to talk. Naruto replied that it was not necessary since he already met [mother] and that she explained everything. Naruto and Minato each entered Tailed Beast Modes, with Naruto merging his with Sage Mode in order to imbue their shared Rasengan with senjutsu. The Second teleported them to Obito and they attacked, but he blocked it with his Truth-Seeking Balls.To move ahead with his plans, Obito created a replica of the [Tree|God Tree], the first step in performing the [Tsukuyomi|Infinite Tsukuyomi]. The tree started absorbing chakra from those nearby until they die, a fate that Naruto nearly succumbed to until he was saved by the Third Hokage. Obito pointed to the growing number of casualties as further evidence that Naruto should stop resisting, an arguement that Naruto was increasingly having trouble ignoring. Sasuke, unmoved by Obito's words, used Susanoo to hack through the tree and then mocked Naruto for giving up. Naruto was reminded of his desire to not lose Sasuke or anyone else for that matter and, reinvigorated, joined Sasuke in the offensive. Although their senjutsu-enhanced Tailed Beast Mode and Susanoo could compete with Obito, they were individually unable to defeat him. Obito continued trying to convince Naruto to stop, but he ignored him.Sasuke then coated his Susanoo around Naruto's Tailed Beast Mode, granting the Kurama-avatar a sword and armour. Sensing that it was the final exchange, Obito created a [of Nunoboko|sword and shield] of his own out of Truth-Seeking Balls. Naruto created a Rasengan in each of the Kurama-avatar's tails, which his friends from Konoha guide in a coordinated assault to Obito's shield, destroying it. As soon as Naruto and Sasuke sliced through Obito with their sword, the tailed beasts then began to emerge from the Uchiha's body, giving Naruto and the combined Allied Shinobi Forces the opportunity to pull them out. The tug-of-war for the tailed beasts linked Naruto's consciousness with Obito's. Naruto reminded Obito of his earlier claim that he was nobody and set out to prove to him that he was Obito Uchiha, specifically the Obito Uchiha that Kakashi used to know. Naruto pointed out their similarities, how both were orphans and that, because of that, they wanted to be Hokage. Obito agreed that they were similar, but that was the reason why he has been trying so hard to convince Naruto that he was right, and insisted that the world he wanted to create was a better one because his vision of the future was clear, whereas the future of the current world was ambiguous. Naruto argued that was the point and that uncertainty, when faced with comrades, was worthwhile, and offered Obito his hand so that they might see what happened together.The Allies successfully removed the tailed beasts from Obito and he fell to the ground, defeated. Minato and Kakashi insisted that Obito be left to them while Naruto and the rest of the Alliance should focus on Madara. They did so, joining forces with the First Hokage against him, but right before he could seal him, Madara put one final fail-safe into effect: he had [Zetsu|Black Zetsu] force Obito to revive him. Madara quickly neutralised the First, fended off Naruto, Sasuke, and Sai, and then went after the freed tailed beasts. Naruto entered Tailed Beast Mode and assisted them with fighting him off. They were initially successful, but when Madara reacquired one of his [], he easily defeated them with [Border Jail|Limbo: Border Jail], sealing them all back into the Demonic Statue, including B's Gyūki and Naruto's Kurama.The removal of Kurama from his body caused Naruto to pass out and placed his life in immediate danger. His [] heritage prevented him from dying instantly, but he required constant medical attention from Sakura in order to keep him alive. On the advice of Kurama right before it was extracted, Gaara took Naruto to Minato so that Minato's portion of Kurama's chakra could be sealed into him, saving him. Kakashi sent Naruto and Sakura to [dimension|Kamui's dimension] so that she could continue performing life support without interruption. Obito soon arrived to help her, having overcome both Black Zetsu and Madara in order to acquire Minato's half of Kurama and give it to Naruto, as his form of penance.While on the border of life and death, Naruto was met by the Sage of Six Paths, [Ōtsutsuki|Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki]. He explained his past conflicts with his mother, [Ōtsutsuki|Kaguya Ōtsutsuki], and the conflicts that emerged between his sons, [] and []. His sons' conflict had continued through the centuries, with their chakra reincarnated every generation in new individuals to fight anew; Naruto was the current reincarnation of Asura, while Sasuke was the reincarnation of Indra. Naruto was not greatly surprised, having sensed something like that when he met Sasuke during the [Kage Summit|Five Kage Summit]. Because of Madara's aims for the world, Hagoromo asked that he and Sasuke join forces to stop him, a task he was only encouraged by from the tailed beasts' positive words concerning Naruto. He gave Naruto the [Paths Yang Power|Six Paths Yang Power], [Paths Chakra|half his chakra] and [Paths Sage Mode|Six Paths Sage Mode] to help him in this goal.When Naruto woke up, he had Obito send him back to the real world. There, he stopped Madara from killing Might Guy and used Hagoromo's power to stabilise Guy's life force from using the [Gates Released Formation|Eight Gates Released Formation]. Surprised by Naruto's sudden increase in power, Madara was hit by Naruto's [Art: Lava Release Rasenshuriken|Sage Art: Lava Release Rasenshuriken], which was fueled by Son Gokū's chakra and instantly cut down the giant tree Obito created earlier. When Sasuke arrived, Naruto entered [Paths Sage Mode|Six Paths Sage Mode] and they started overwhelming Madara. Realising his window was closing, Madara went after Kakashi and took his Mangekyō Sharingan, using it to follow Obito. Sakura appeared shortly afterward, sent by Obito so Madara wouldn't kill her. She could do nothing about Kakashi's eye, so Naruto used Hagoromo's power to restore the one he lost years ago.
Madara soon returned, now having both his Rinnegan and Black Zetsu in control of Obito's body. Naruto and Sasuke immediately resumed their attack, but Madara had an easier time with them. He rose into the sky, raining [Tensei|Chibaku Tensei] on them to keep them busy while he projected the [Tsukuyomi|Infinite Tsukuyomi] on the world. While Naruto destroyed the remaining satellite-like constructs, Sasuke shielded him, Sakura, and Kakashi with Susanoo from the Infinite Tsukuyomi's gaze. He let them out once the illusion was finished casting and they emerged to find themselves alone, with the rest of the world being wrapped into Madara's [Nativity of a World of Trees|God: Nativity of a World of Trees]. As Madara confronted them and started explaining how he had saved the world, he was stabbed in the back by Black Zetsu. Black Zetsu then transferred to Madara's body from Obito's and forced him to absorb the world's chakra, converting him into a woman that Naruto and Sasuke recognised as Kaguya Ōtsutsuki.
Kaguya Ōtsutsuki Strikes Edit
- Main article: Kaguya Ōtsutsuki Strikes
Blank Period EditMonths after the war, Sasuke was pardoned for his crimes on the good word of Naruto and Kakashi (who had been selected to become the Sixth Hokage). Just before Sasuke left Konoha to wander the world, he was met by Naruto, who returned to him his [protector|forehead protector].Template:-L
Kakashi Hiden: Lightning in the Icy Sky Edit
- Main article: Kakashi Hiden: Lightning in the Icy Sky
Nearly a year after the end of the [Shinobi World War|Fourth Shinobi World War], Naruto and Sai were sent to the [of Waves|Land of Waves] to capture [], leader of the [Armament Alliance|Ryūha Armament Alliance]. Once they located the Alliance's hideout, Naruto launched an assault with multiple shadow clones; although he was still missing an arm, he had learned how to perform one-handed [seals|hand seals]. He easily dealt with most of the Alliance's members, but was briefly stalled by the [Release|Ice Release] of Garyō's []. Naruto distracted the bodyguard with a shadow clone for long enough to apprehend Garyō. Garyō tried to convince Naruto that the Alliance was doing good work by releasing the world from money's corruptive influence. Although sympathetic, Naruto couldn't abide their terrorist actions and escaped with Garyō on Sai's [Beast Imitating Drawing|bird].
At some point within the next two months, Naruto received a prosthetic arm to replace the one he lost during the war. While eating at [Ichiraku|Ramen Ichiraku] one day, he saw Kakashi walking by and asked him when he would officially take on the responsibilities of Hokage. He tried to convince Kakashi by listing the many shortcomings of Tsunade, unaware that she was standing behind him; she angrily knocked Naruto unconscious. Kakashi finally accepted the Hokage position shortly after the mission involving the Ryūha Armament Alliance and the [Prison|Blood Prison]. When Naruto learned about the mission, specifically that he was expressly forbidden from being informed about it at the time, Naruto started spreading rumours about Kakashi's relationship with the Blood Prison's new warden, []. Kakashi angrily attacked him and then bought him some ramen to apologise.
Shikamaru Hiden: A Cloud Drifting in Silent Darkness Edit
- Main article: Shikamaru Hiden: A Cloud Drifting in Silent Darkness
Naruto ran into [] early one morning and they discussed their heavy workloads for the [Union|Shinobi Union]. Since Naruto's assignments were given to him by Shikamaru, he took the opportunity to complain. Shikamaru explained that Naruto, a prime candidate for an eventual Hokage position, needed to get used to it. Naruto later discussed what Shikamaru had said with [], having sensed that there was something Shikamaru was keeping from him. Sakura reminded Naruto of all the work Shikamaru did to prepare Naruto for becoming Hokage and that it likely had something to do with that. Naruto was aware of all that Shikamaru did on his behalf, but wondered if he was worth Shikamaru's trouble.
A few days later, Naruto was approached by [], who was worried about Shikamaru's recent behavior and now asked where he was. Naruto didn't know, and was troubled to find that neither did [] or []. He finally asked Kakashi, who admitted under pressure that Shikamaru was on a secret assignment to the [of Silence|Land of Silence]. Naruto joined Temari's team of [] ninja to go to the Land of Silence to provide assistance to Shikamaru. They interrogated the locals upon arrival and learned that Shikamaru had been captured by the [Ones|Enlightened Ones]. They attacked the prison where Shikamaru was being held and successfully freed him, enabling him to complete his mission by taking the country's leader, [], into custody. Afterwards, Naruto demanded that Shikamaru never keep anything from him again, otherwise their future Hokage—advisor relationship would be very problematic. Shikamaru agreed and apologised. While Shikamaru returned to Konoha, Naruto and several other Konoha and Suna shinobi remain in the Land of Silence to help the country recover from Gengo's control.
The Last: Naruto the Movie Edit
- Main article: The Last: Naruto the MovieDuring the [Festival|Rinne Festival], Naruto, being the hero of the village, was bombarded with gifts from various young Konoha residents. To distract Naruto from all the attention, [] invited him over to [Sarutobi|his grandfather]'s storage, where Naruto found a scarf that [Uzumaki|his mother] had knitted for him before she passed. He happily began wearing the scarf around the village, treating it as a precious memento. Naruto attempted to discuss his new-found attention to [] over ramen, but it made her uncomfortable and ran away with embarrassment, much to his confusion and leading him to chase after her. While looking for her, Naruto stumbled across a horde of []s trying to abduct Hinata. After he rescued her, they were notified that Hinata's sister [] was kidnapped by [Ōtsutsuki|Toneri Ōtsutsuki], and were assigned on a [Rescue Team|team] to rescue her.
Sakura Hiden: Thoughts of Love, Riding Upon a Spring Breeze Edit
While Naruto and Hinata were [The Last|out on a date] in Konoha, they ran into Sakura. Sensing that Sakura was overworking herself, they invited her to join them, but she declined.
One day, while Naruto was teaching a class of [student|Academy student]s how to spar, he noticed Sakura, who was wandering around Konoha, looking distressed. Sensing that she needed a distraction, Naruto insisted that she help him, which took her mind off recent events. As thanks, Sakura informed Naruto of something she avoided telling him: there were rumours that Sasuke was trying to destroy Konoha. She didn't believe the rumours were true, but nobody had been able to get in touch with Sasuke to confirm. Naruto pointed out that Sasuke must not be worried by these rumours, otherwise he would respond to the messages he'd been sent. Sakura thought that was a good point and was put at ease.
When Naruto and Hinata later learned that Sakura had been kidnapped by [Tsumiki|Kido Tsumiki], they joined with Kakashi in going to rescue her. On finding her, however, they discovered that she had already defeated Kido. They congratulated her on her victory.
Konoha Hiden: The Perfect Day for a Wedding Edit
- Main article: Konoha Hiden: The Perfect Day for a WeddingNaruto and Hinata decided to get married and invited their friends and family. Because his parents were dead, Naruto asked [] to attend as his father, which Iruka happily agreed to. On the day of the wedding, though, Naruto kept his real father in his thoughts, looking upon []'s face on the [Rock|Hokage Rock] with admiration as he and Hinata were about to walk down the aisle.Template:-
Sasuke Shinden: Book of Sunrise Edit
- Main article: Sasuke Shinden: Book of Sunrise
Naruto appears in the novel.
New Era EditShortly after their marriage, Naruto and Hinata had a son named [], and two years later a daughter named []. During the years, Naruto was constantly busy, leading to him never taking the Chūnin Exams. Despite being a genin, Naruto was selected to succeed Kakashi and become the Seventh Hokage. On the day of his inauguration, Boruto accidentally destroyed Himawari's toy, leading to Naruto stepping in to defend his son from Himawari's [Fist|Gentle Fist]-strike, but ended up taking the blow instead, rendering him unconscious. He ended up missing his own inauguration, forcing Konohamaru to [Technique|impersonate him] during the ceremony. As Hokage, he hosted a [Summit|Kage Summit] in Konoha, in which Sasuke and Sakura attended alongside the four [] and their bodyguards. During the meeting, Sasuke reported that a [Ōtsutsuki|threat] greater than Kaguya may still exist somewhere, which Naruto and the other Kage decided to keep the information between themselves to avoid causing a panic.
Academy Entrance Arc Edit
- Main article: Academy Entrance Arc
In the anime, Naruto partakes in the entrance ceremony at the Academy, which leads to him being mortified after Boruto arrives and damages the [Rock|Hokage Rock]. After the incident, Naruto learns from the [Father|Kaminarimon Company president] that Boruto is having a positive impact on his [Kaminarimon|son], leading to Naruto smiling. Later, as a [presence] continues to cause people in the village to randomly attack the citizens, Naruto decides to begin an investigation, which uncovers that victims are having their chakra severely drained to the point of hospitalisation.
In the anime, as the mysterious attack began to happen throughout the village, Naruto's efforts to uncover the truth began to exhaust him and being insisted by Shikamaru to go home and rest. Upon arriving, he learned that Boruto was acting very strange recently. Once confronting his son about his new attitude, Boruto insisted that he had finally manifested his Byakugan, leading them to talk to []. Upon arriving at his household, Hiashi like Naruto had doubts that Boruto awakened the Byakugan. Deciding to test Boruto, Hanabi faces Boruto, which concluded that Boruto hadn't manifested the []. Afterwards, Naruto talked with Hiashi about his grandchildren.
After assigning Sai to investigate the attacks in the village, he returned home late, and confided in Hinata about his ineptitude in interacting with his children, believing it to stem from his growing up without parents. Some time later, Naruto saved civilians at the Konoha Purification Plant. As Boruto decided to check on his hospitalised friends, realising that his son was conducting his own investigation on the attacks, Naruto dragged Boruto to the surgery room, showing his son what was becoming of the victims of prolonged rampages. While hoping to sway Boruto into staying out of this matter, it only strengthened Boruto's resolve. Shino then appeared, encouraging Naruto to have faith in his son as the teacher himself was recently saved by Boruto's efforts. While still weary, Naruto decided to trust Shino's judgement.
While having dinner with his family and [], Naruto abruptly departs to handle a matter involving strange chakra spreading across Konoha. Soon after, Sai discovered that the culprit behind these attacks was [Kakei|Sumire Kakei]. Naruto learned from Kakashi that Sumire's intention was to unleash the [Tennō|Gozu Tennō] on the village. Later, when Sai found Sumire, she unleashed the []. Naruto soon joined the unit to fend off the creature, but Kakashi warned Naruto to not get close, having realised that the endgame of this creature was to amass enough chakra to produce a powerful enough explosion to destroy the village. While the barrier team worked to keep the creature at bay, it suddenly teleported away. As Naruto attempted to find the creature with Sage Mode, Kakashi deduced that the creature worked differently from normal summonings, existing naturally in its own separate dimension.
Upon Sumire turning herself in, Sai and Shikamaru notifies him that it's due to Boruto appealing to Sumire's genuine love of her friends in the Academy, making Naruto relieved that decided to admit her in the first place. Later, he informs Boruto that while he must look to the welfare of the entire village and does not have absolute say, he promises to help Sumire. Ultimately, it was decided to pardon Sumire and let her return to the Academy. Later, Naruto sent a clone to meet up with Sasuke, giving him the research on the [Tennō|Gozu Tennō]. Sasuke quickly deduced that this was an attempt on Danzō to recreate Kaguya's technique. Before Sasuke departs, he asks Naruto to apologise to Sakura for his continued absence, leading to Naruto feeling responsible for.
Sarada Uchiha Arc Edit
- Main article: Naruto Gaiden: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring
In the anime, when Himawari became sick due to a fever, Naruto hurried home worried about her in which Boruto pointed out that his Hokage cloak is inside out. When Naruto and Boruto began fighting over what Himawari should eat, Hinata became angry and kicked them both out of the house due to them being noisy. Naruto then invited Boruto to eat with him at Ramen Ichiraku to try to bond with him in which he accepted. As they ate, Naruto told his son about all the precious memories he had in the shop, such as being acknowledged by Iruka, hanging out with Team 7, and going on his first [The Last|date] with Hinata.
On the day of the [Kage Summit|Five Kage Summit] in Konoha, [] and [] notify Naruto that Boruto had vandalised the [Rock|Hokage Rock]. Before Boruto could do any more damage, Naruto catches and stops him. Afterwards, he gives his son a lecture about how the whole village is his family. The ordeal leads to Naruto arriving late to the kage meeting, which he apologies for.As Boruto's graduation exam from the [] was approaching, Naruto used a shadow clone to help him train. Meanwhile, the real Naruto received a report from Sasuke about a [Uchiha (Clones)|boy] with the Sharingan. After he consulted with Kakashi about it, Naruto decided to accompany Sasuke to a meeting with [], leaving behind a shadow clone to manage Konoha in his absence. He made a point to leave the village before Boruto could come to see him off, though he asked Shikamaru to apologise to Boruto on his behalf.While on his way to the rendezvous point, Naruto sensed that he was being followed by [Uchiha|Sarada Uchiha] and [Akimichi|Chōchō Akimichi]. He initially tried to ignore them, but eventually decided it would be better to confront them than to let them continue coming after him. When he arrived to speak with them, however, he found them being attacked by the same boy from Sasuke's report. Although he was pleased that they were able to hold their own against their attacker, Naruto decided to get personally involved when he saw the boy had a [Sharingan|Mangekyō Sharingan]. The boy could do nothing against Naruto's [Chakra Mode|Nine-Tails Chakra Mode], so he fled with a [Spying Creature|creature]'s [Uchiha's Space–Time Dōjutsu|space–time ninjutsu]. Because the boy was apparently after Sarada, Naruto allowed them to come with him so that he could keep them safe.
While having lunch, Naruto told Sarada about what her father was like growing up and then informed both Sarada and and Chōchō in what ways they take after their parents. Sarada was not only interested to hear about Sasuke, but also found she got along quite well with Naruto. As they got close to where they were supposed to meet up with Sasuke, Sarada snuck away from Naruto and Chōchō so that she could see him first. Naruto followed and, on arrival, was reprimanded by Sasuke for bringing children with him. Sarada explained that she came without permission as she wanted to know if [] was her real mother. Sasuke ignored the question, which only upset her and caused her to storm out. Naruto tried to comfort her, but his assurances that Sasuke meant well did not improve her mood. Before he could continue, he sensed the boy's return and defended Sarada as the boy and his father, [Uchiha|Shin Uchiha], attack.
Sasuke assisted in fighting off Shin and his son, but Shin was able to [Manipulation Technique|manipulate] Sasuke's sword and used it to stab Naruto. Naruto continued attacking Shin despite his injury, though tried to use being impaled by the sword to win sympathy; Kurama ridiculed Naruto for allowing himself to be stabbed at all, but assured him that it wouldn't kill him. Sakura suddenly arrived to lend assistance and landed a fatal blow on Shin, forcing Shin to escape and took Sakura with him. Unable to detect where Shin had taken Sakura, they continued to Orochimaru's lair. Orochimaru informed them that Shin was an old experiment of his that he since lost control of. Naruto noticed Sarada sneaking off with [] during Orochimaru's explanation and followed them, listening in as Suigetsu ran a DNA test that suggested Sarada's real mother was actually [].Not knowing what the truth was, Naruto was upset first with Sasuke for the secret he has seemingly been keeping, but also with Suigetsu for getting involved. He approached Sarada to discuss it with her, but she lashed out at him, believing he had been a knowing participant in the lie that Sakura was her mother. When she tried to insist that having no blood relation to Sakura meant they weren't family, Naruto took a firm stance: he wasn't related to most of Konoha's villagers, yet he still considered them his family because they were important to him. In the same way, Sakura and Sarada were family because they were important to each other. Sarada realised how much she loved Sakura and decided she wanted to help rescue her. They reunited with the others and head out for Shin's hideout.Using Sasuke's [], they were able to reach where Shin took Sakura, only to find Sakura faring fine on her own fighting him. With the numbers against him growing, Shin called in his sons (actually his clones) to assist, but they turned against him and killed him because he always mistreated them. The clones then turned their attentions to Naruto and the others, which Naruto engaged with his own shadow clones. Because they were only children, he frightened them into surrendering by manifesting Kurama. After learning that Sakura indeed was her biological mother, Sarada reconciled with her parents, much to Naruto's happiness. Then, they all returned to Konoha, with Shin's clones being delivered to the [Orphanage|Konoha Orphanage].Template:-
School Trip Arc Edit
- Main article: School Trip Arc
In the anime, to improve relationships with other villages and symbolically show the warring era was over, Naruto set up an official class trip for the Academy to go to Kirigakure. Working out the details with [], he also got a tour guide for the class.
Graduation Exams Arc Edit
- Main article: Graduation Exams Arc
In the anime, as Academy classes began preparing for the graduation exams, the various students were interviewed about their future goals alongside a parent. Naruto however was unable to join his son as he was busy discussing matters with Orochimaru about his research on Danzō's old experiments. As Orochimaru delivered promising results to aid Sasuke in his own investigations, while Shikamaru voiced his still limited trust in Orochimaru, Naruto was more relaxed about Orochimaru roaming the village.
On Boruto's first day as a genin, Naruto managed to get some time to have breakfast with his family and see Boruto off to be assigned his team. After Boruto left, Shikamaru went to Naruto's house to collect him and inform him of his various duties for the day. Later on, Naruto was in a field testing a number of shinobi's skills in [Ninjutsu|Barrier Ninjutsu] to better protect the village with [Sarutobi|Mirai Sarutobi] as his escort for the day. When Boruto and his teammates came to him, he was thinking that they want to change teams, but was pleasantly surprised when instead they want their team denomination to be changed to Team 7.
Genin Mission Arc Edit
- Main article: Genin Mission Arc
In the anime, as the recently promoted genin began to prepare for their first missions, Naruto prepared to present them, as it was customary. While Boruto began bragging about how easy it will, Naruto sternly warned him not be so cocky. He presented Team 7 with a D-rank mission to aid the Green Banks Village who were being attacked by bandits for their crops. Naruto stressed that the team show team-work to complete the mission.
Byakuya Gang Arc Edit
- Main article: Byakuya Gang ArcIn the anime, when the [Gang|Byakuya Gang] began conducting heists throughout Konoha, their act of distributing their stolen wealth to the poor began gaining much support from many of the villagers, leading to a protest breaking out after the group fooled the villages into believing the Kaminarimon Company was corrupt. After shinobi determined that the leaders of the protest was being manipulated by [Cursed Seal|genjutsu] and freed them, Naruto and his clones appeared before the crowds and began quelling them with his speech. Straight after, Naruto headed towards the Land of Fire's border where he apprehended [], who had used the riots as a distraction to steal the [Opus|Magnum Opus] from the [Research Centre|Ninjutsu Research Centre].
Versus Momoshiki Arc Edit
- Main article: Boruto: Naruto the Movie
In the anime, on the day of Boruto's birthday, work got in the way, making him unable to attend, instead only arriving home late at night with only a birthday present as an apology. Later, as more investigations to the workings of Kaguya continued, a third Ōtsutsuki clan ruin tied to her was found. Determined to find out all he could, Naruto prepared to investigate it personally. One the way out, Naruto was approached by his son, demanding that his father promise he would show up for Himawari's birthday that was coming up, which he did.
Later, Naruto remained busy with his Hokage duties and continued having a strained relationship with his son, Boruto. Konoha has grown into a large city under Naruto's leadership, although Naruto is overwhelmed with the responsibilities of being Hokage, leading him to create shadow clones to tend to his family and the villagers. When Boruto and his [Konohamaru|team] report to Naruto after a mission, Naruto asked his son to address him as "the Seventh" instead of "Dad," and reminded him the importance of teamwork, which annoyed his son, as he believed that he could handle anything on his own. Boruto warned his father to be home for Himawari's birthday party or else he will never forgive him. [Tōno|Katasuke Tōno] then entered his office, requesting permission from Naruto to allow participants of the upcoming Chūnin Exams to use his new invention, the []. However Naruto refused on the grounds that it did not show one's true abilities a shinobi. Naruto was unable to make it to his daughter's birthday party and sent a shadow clone instead. However, the clone ended up disappearing and dropping the cake when Naruto became fatigued, which enraged Boruto and caused him to throw Naruto's old, tattered jacket out the window. Naruto felt guilty for letting his family down and Shikamaru told him to go home and rest. The jacket was found by Sasuke, who returned to Konoha to ask for help in deciphering a scroll he found in Kaguya's abandoned castle. They met in Naruto's office where Sasuke mentioned his meeting with Boruto and this leads to them making a bet on whether the nature of a shinobi has changed in regards to Boruto, to which Sasuke says it hasn't and Naruto says it has.Naruto wasn't surprised when Boruto won the first test but after being advised by Shikamaru to reach out to Boruto, Naruto congratulated him via email, much to Boruto's annoyance. While the scroll was being deciphered, Naruto sent a clone to meet up with Sasuke and asked him if it was true that he was training Boruto. Naruto said that perhaps Sasuke was right concerning the nature of shinobi remaining the same, to which Sasuke agrees. Naruto was nervous on the outcome of the second test but after learning Boruto passed, Naruto was overjoyed. Later, he met with Boruto in his bedroom and personally congratulated him and told him not to lose against Shikadai. Naruto offered a fist bump, but Boruto only smiled as he didn't want his father to discover the Kote he was wearing. For the third test, Naruto chose to sit with Hinata and Himawari rather than with the other Kage as they watched Boruto fight in the third round and finally against [Nara|Shikadai Nara]. Near the end, Naruto suspected something was wrong after Boruto won. In the anime, he did not realise anything was amiss until Boruto's next match in the finals when he defeated []. He asked Hinata to use her Byakugan and she noticed Boruto wearing a Kote (in the anime he realised the truth on his own). Realising that Boruto was using the exam-forbidden tool to advance his techniques, a disappointed Naruto confronted him in the arena, ordered that Boruto be disqualified from the exam and took Boruto's forehead protector from him, suspending his ninja status. He told Boruto they would talk about this at home, but Boruto lashed out at him that Naruto doesn't know how to give him a lecture when he's never home.Suddenly, [] and [Ōtsutsuki|Kinshiki Ōtsutsuki] appear and began attacking the arena. Naruto is knocked out of the arena by Momoshiki but he rushes back to defend his son when he is in danger and is shortly joined by Sasuke and Sarada. Sasuke informed Naruto that the two enemies are the new threat written about in the scroll. Naruto realises he is their target and demands to know what they want. After Momoshiki reveals he wanted Kaguya's chakra, and eventually Kurama's from the Seventh Hokage, Naruto and Sasuke combine Kurama and Susanoo to shield themselves and their children from the enemies' attacks. Naruto also dispatches shadow clones to protect civilians that hadn't managed to flee from the arena. Determined to protect his son and friends, Naruto ultimately decides to allow himself to be captured in Momoshiki's jutsu and asks Sasuke to take care of Boruto for him. Just before Naruto disappears, he looks over his shoulder and offers his son one last smile. Naruto was teleported to another dimension and bound by Momoshiki and Kinshiki to a God Tree. Naruto resisted as Momoshiki extracted half of Kurama's chakra from inside Naruto. The two debated the merits of instant strength and earned strength, causing Naruto to realise his own lack of effort in trying to understand Boruto, which is what drove him to cheat with the Shinobi Gauntlet. During the ordeal, Sasuke, Boruto, and the other Kage arrived to rescue him.Naruto, surprised to see Boruto wearing his old jacket, told his son that it was like looking at one of his shadow clones. When he tried to apologise to Boruto for not being there for him, Boruto replied that it was alright and he just wants to hear more about Naruto's past. After the other Kage failed to defeat Kinshiki, and the latter was absorbed by Momoshiki, Naruto and Sasuke joined forces to fight him and initially gained the upper hand until Naruto was briefly imprisoned by boulders and Sasuke was severely burned by Momoshiki's [Release|Lava Release]. Naruto became enraged upon seeing Sasuke injured but was relieved to find he was all right and still able to fight after being healed by Kurama's chakra. By once again combining Kurama and Susanoo, they managed to defeat Momoshiki and cut his lava creature in half, but Katasuke rushed in and began firing ninjutsu attacks from his Kote at Momoshiki, which he absorbed and used to attack Naruto and the others. Naruto is restrained by black rods while Momoshiki prepares to eliminate the rest of the Kage. When Boruto used his [Rasengan|Vanishing Rasengan] against Momoshiki to free his father and the other Kage, Naruto was greatly surprised to find that his son was able to use the Rasengan. As they prepare their final assault, Naruto helps Boruto to create a [and Child Rasengan|Parent and Child Rasengan], which Boruto himself unleashes upon Momoshiki and ultimately kills him.After the battle ends, Naruto sits with Sasuke and Naruto agrees Sasuke won their bet. Naruto proudly looked on at his son and stated that he would always be there to watch Boruto grow as his father. After returning home, Naruto posed for a photograph with Boruto, Sasuke, and the four other Kage. One morning, as Boruto left to meet with his team and Naruto left to go to work, both wished each other to do their best and bumped fists with each other. While Boruto was giving a live interview on Konoha TV, Naruto watches it from his desk.
Chōchō Arc Edit
- Main article: Chōchō Arc
Mitsuki's Disappearance Arc Edit
- Main article: Mitsuki's Disappearance Arc
In the anime, when [] [] were attacked by [] [], the village was put on lockdown. Naruto and his advisers then oversaw Ino probe Uō's mind for answers, learning that [] had left willingly with the attackers. When Naruto revealed to the others Mitsuki was in fact Orochimaru's son, much outrage followed, prompting Naruto to give his rational on why he accepted Mitsuki into Konoha. Later, Naruto was informed that Boruto and Sarada left the village to find Mitsuki, leading to him dispatching [10 (Moegi)|Team 10] to retrieve the pair.
When Naruto learned that the attackers were on route to the [of Earth|Land of Earth], he contacted [], who promised to investigate the matter herself and return the Konoha genin pursing Mitsuki. While discussing Mitsuki's apparent betrayal, Konohamaru insisted he be the one to bring his student back, which Naruto reluctantly agreed to. Naruto later attempted to contact Kurotsuchi, but was told she wasn't available, leading to him becoming suspicious something was happening in [].
Later, Naruto's fears were proven correct when Shikadai contacted his father via phone, revealing that Iwagakure was taken over as part of a plan by Ōnoki. Knowing that they couldn't act hastily, Naruto talk with the other officials and decided that he would join Shikamaru in meeting with the other daimyō to get their support on engaging this personal matter.After finally getting approval, Naruto and an escort moved out. Before leaving, they were confronted by Team 7's fellow genin. Having learned of their friends danger, they were determined to help and requested to join the Hokage. While Naruto initially refused to put the genin in danger, the group firmly said they will go with or without his approval. Admiring their loyalty to their friends, Naruto decided to let them. Upon arriving at Iwa however, the battle was already won and Team 7 was safe. Naruto applauded Konohamaru's work, but he admitted that it was his students and the Third Tsuchikage to thank.Later, after sending the Konoha genin back home, Naruto stayed as a representative for Konohagakure to attend Ōnoki's funeral. As the Five Kage all mourned him, Naruto firmly said he left behind a grand legacy and lesson about perseverance. When returning to the village, while personally applauding Boruto and Sarada for loyally supporting Mitsuki, whose own efforts were revealed to have saved Iwagakure, he still was reluctantly forced to strip the Team 7 genin of their shinobi status as punishment for deserting the village. Later, Kurotsuchi's gratitude and recommendation convinced Naruto to reinstate them.
Naruto Shinden: Family Day Edit
- Main article: Naruto Shinden: Family Day
Shikamaru took on Naruto's workload allowing him to go home to spend time with his children for [and Child Day|Parent and Child Day]. Naruto returned home to find Himawari sleeping at their doorstep in eager anticipation for her father. She asked Naruto to purchase her a [] doll, a sleep-deprived Naruto accepted her request despite being tired due to the limited nature of the doll. Naruto and Himawari arrived outside the toy store only to find it lined with customers who were also looking for the doll. They met up with [] and his two dogs, [] and [], who revealed he was also hoping to purchase the same doll as a gift for []. The two joined the rush into the toy stores opening but Kiba failed to find a doll and Naruto accidentally purchased a Shukaku doll instead. Kiba suggested the two of them split up and search other stores to look for the doll in order to make Himawari happy. Naruto and Himawari's searched for the doll is unsuccessful, instead purchasing gifts from Tenten's [Tools Roll Roll Roll|tool shop] for Himawari but Kiba manages to find a doll which is then stolen. Naruto gave chase to the culprit and blocked him off only to found out the he stole the doll in order to give it to his own son who he doesn't see very often. Himawari chose to give the toy to the young boy as she appreciated the other gifts her father has bought for her and Naruto assigned the man a new job so he could spend more time in the village with his son. The two returned home with Himawari happy she got to spend time with her father.
Sasuke Shinden: The Teacher's Star Pupil Edit
- Main article: Sasuke Shinden: The Teacher's Star Pupil
Naruto appears in this novel.
Shikamaru Shinden: A Cloud Dancing in Forlorn Falling Petals Edit
- Main article: Mujina Bandits Arc
After the Ōtsutsuki attack, Naruto discusses Katasuke being under mind control with Sai and Ibiki, and has them continue their investigation while Shikamaru handles Katasuki. Afterwards, [Sarutobi|Mirai Sarutobi] informs Naruto that Team Konohamaru successfully captured the [Bandits|Mujina Bandits], much to his joy. As [] is discussed, Naruto tells everyone that they have to hurry up and handle the []. Shikamaru then informs Naruto of his upcoming meeting with the [Daimyō|Fire Daimyō] [Madoka|Ikkyū Madoka], which Naruto had forgot was later during the day.
Ao Arc Edit
- Main article: Ao ArcSometime later, Naruto joins his son in a sparring match at the [Hall|Training Hall], to test out Katasuke's new invention that was fitted on his arm. During the match, Naruto [Release: Earth-Style Wall|defends] himself from Boruto, and uses the invention to absorb his [Release: Surging Sea|son]'s [Release: Thunderclap Arrow|techniques], before defeating him with a single kick. Afterwards at the Hokage's office, Naruto informs Boruto of the technology he used against him, which angered Boruto. Before Naruto could explain himself, Sasuke arrives and interrupts their conversation, calming Boruto down by pointing out the need of them with the coming danger of enemies like the [Clan|Ōtsutsuki Clan].
Naruto also admitted to knowing about Boruto's mark on his right palm, which was another reason Naruto approved the development of this advanced weaponry. While Boruto still insisted they should rely solely on ninjutsu like in the Chūnin Exams, Naruto noted that the Chūnin Exams were to test one's growth as ninja, where as they are now in a battle for survival. Katasuke then arrived to retrieve his prototype, to which Naruto assigned Team Konohamaru a C-rank mission to escort the lead scientist back to the lab in Ryūben City. While Boruto stormed off in a huff, Naruto asked his genin team-mates to watch over him should anything happen with his mark.
As Konohamaru failed to report from his mission, Naruto contacted Boruto's team at the [Ninja Weapons Team|Scientific Ninja Weapons Team]'s lab, who were nearest to Konohamaru's last reported location. He instructed them to search the area but be careful and not recklessly engage any foes. While Shikamaru reminded him that Team Konohamaru were all very capable for their age, Naruto insisted that he was more concerned about the possibility of them running into the organisation [] as Konohamaru's mission was to investigate a mysterious airship.
Kawaki Arc Edit
- Main article: Kawaki ArcWhen Team Konohamaru returned to Konoha with [], Naruto decided he was most suitable to monitor Kawaki, and held a Kage Summit to discuss the situation. Following the Kage agreeing with Naruto, he took the boy to his house, during which he foiled Kawaki's attempts at fleeing. There, Kawaki attempting to escape, but Naruto intimidated him into submission. His escape attempt resulted in Himawari's vase being destroyed. Naruto intervened when Boruto and Kawaki began fighting, and later overheard Kawaki speaking of his hardship as a result of his Kāma. Afterwards, Naruto took Kawaki to [Flowers|Yamanaka Flowers] to pick a new vase, where he hugged Kawaki after he had a panic attack. Sometime later, Naruto and Boruto spared, during which he defeated his son while he used his Kāma. Naruto offered for Kawaki to try sparing with Boruto next time, but Kawaki declined as he couldn't use chakra, prompting Naruto to insist that all can learn to do so, and insisted that having strong rivals will help one in accomplishing great things.
In Other Media Edit
Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow Edit
- Main article: Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow
Naruto the Movie: Legend of the Stone of Gelel Edit
- Main article: Naruto the Movie: Legend of the Stone of Gelel
Naruto, Sakura and Shikamaru are sent to track and bring a ferret back to its owner. However, when the group are attacked by mysterious soldiers, they embark on to something big.
Naruto the Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom Edit
- Main article: Naruto the Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom
Naruto Shippūden the Movie Edit
- Main article: Naruto Shippūden the Movie
Naruto is assigned to protect the priest [] who starts having visions of his death.
Naruto Shippūden the Movie: Bonds Edit
- Main article: Naruto Shippūden the Movie: Bonds
A group of ninja from the [of the Sky|Land of the Sky] launched a surprise attack on Konoha and to stop this new threat, Naruto and Sasuke join forces.
Naruto Shippūden the Movie: Will of Fire Edit
- Main article: Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Will of Fire
[Kakashi|Team Kakashi] works together to stop Kakashi from sacrificing himself to stop a world war.
Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Lost Tower Edit
- Main article: Naruto Shippūden the Movie: The Lost Tower
Naruto is sent on a mission to stop []. However, during the mission Naruto is sent 20 years into the past.
Naruto the Movie: Blood Prison Edit
- Main article: Naruto the Movie: Blood Prison
Naruto gets framed for the attempted assassination of the Raikage. In his subsequent attempts to break out of the [Castle|prison], he gradually discovers the prison's dark secrets.
Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie Edit
- Main article: Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie
Naruto and Sakura end up in an alternate reality in a test version of Project [of the Moon Plan|Eye of the Moon Plan] where the Naruto never lost his parents and many characters have different personalities.
Video Games Edit
- Main article: List of video games
As the main character of the series, Naruto is a playable character in every Naruto video game. As the series has progressed, Naruto has become playable in various forms, often with different move-sets for each. New video game-exclusive forms are also available at times, such as a version of Naruto wearing [Guy|Might Guy]'s jump suit, a version wearing Son Gokū's Turtle School Uniform, Naruto from [Konoha Gakuen Den!|Shippū! Konoha Gakuen Den!], and "[]." The video games also put some extra emphasis on his taijutsu; most of the time Naruto in the past fights akin to a brawler; while in his incarnation from The Last: Naruto the Movie, he instead fights more like a hand-to-hand boxer.
Live Spectacle Naruto Edit
- Main article: Live Spectacle Naruto
Koudai Matsuoka plays as Naruto in this stage play adaption.
Creation and Conception EditWhen creating Naruto, [Kishimoto|Masashi Kishimoto] incorporated into the character a number of traits he felt made an ideal hero: a straightforward way of thinking, a mischievous side, and many of the attributes possessed by Son Gokū from the Dragon Ball franchise. He also made sure to keep Naruto "simple and stupid," since he does not like smart characters. Naruto himself is not modeled after anyone in particular, being conceived as childlike, with something of a dark side as a result of his harsh past. Despite this, he is always positive, making him unique in Kishimoto's eyes.Naruto's wardrobe is based on clothing Kishimoto wore when he was younger; according to Kishimoto, using a pre-existing design would not have made Naruto unique, whereas something original would have made him stand out too much. The orange colouring of his costume is used to make Naruto "pop," with blues often being used to complement the orange. Because Naruto is associated with spirals, swirl patterns are incorporated into his costume. Initial illustrations of Naruto had him wearing boots, but Kishimoto substituted these for sandals, because he likes drawing toes. The goggles that Naruto used to wear were also replaced with a forehead protector, because the goggles themselves were too time-consuming to draw. Kishimoto said that he felt glad that his character had blond hair and blue eyes. The editor of Shōnen Jump in the United States added that Kishimoto implied that the traits may have led the character to appeal to a Western audience. Kishimoto said that he most identifies with Naruto out of all of the Naruto characters (in an interview with the U.S. Shōnen Jump, Kishimoto stated that his childhood was like that of Naruto's years while he was enrolled in the Academy).In the Japanese versions of Naruto, Naruto often ends his sentences with the addendum "[and Verbal Tics#Dattebayo.2C Dattebane and Dattebasa|-ttebayo]" (which gives a similar effect to ending a sentence with "you know?"). Kishimoto wanted to give Naruto a childlike catchphrase, and "dattebayo" came to mind. It complemented Naruto's character, and served as a verbal tic that showed him to be something of a brat. Throughout the beginning of the English Template:Animanga, the dub replaced "dattebayo" and "-ttebayo" with the phrase "believe it!" to mirror the effect, as well as to match the character's lip movements.Template:-
|The Springtime of Youth wiki has an article about this topic:|
- Spiral patterns are a recurring theme in Naruto, especially in relation to the character of Naruto Uzumaki himself. The name "Naruto" is short for Template:Translation, a kind of kamaboko with a pink spiral design in the middle that is used as a topping for ramen, which is Naruto's favourite food. His family name "Uzumaki" can mean "whirlpool" or "maelstrom." His full name is also a reference to the Template:Translation, named after the city in the Tokushima Prefecture in Japan. In addition, Naruto's mother, Kushina Uzumaki, is a relative to the [clan|Uzumaki clan] from [] in the [of Whirlpools|Land of Whirlpools], who used the spiral pattern as both their clan and village symbol.
- According to the databook(s):
- Naruto's hobbies are pulling pranks and watering plants.
- Naruto wishes to fight [Uchiha|Sasuke Uchiha], the [Hokage|Third Hokage], and members of [].
- Naruto's favourite foods are [] ramen and red bean soup. His least favourite are fresh vegetables.
- Naruto has completed 16 official missions in total: 7 D-rank, 1 C-rank, 2 B-rank, 6 A-rank, 0 S-rank.
- Naruto's favourite phrase is Template:Translation.
- According to character trivia from [Naruto Next Generations|Boruto: Naruto Next Generations]:
- His attributes are: 120 in perception, 160 in dexterity, 170 in negotiations, 110 in strength, 90 in intelligence, and unknown in chakra.
- He was also given a skill rating in these particular areas:
- Evasion: ★★★★★
- Unarmed Hand-to-hand Fighting: ★★★★☆
- Manners: ★★☆☆☆
- October 10, Naruto's birthday, was Health and Sports Day in Japan when his character was conceived. The holiday, however, was later moved to the second Monday of October in 1999.
- Naruto consistently ranked in the top two (taking first place twice) in the first five official Shōnen Jump character popularity polls. However, in the sixth character poll, he was ranked fourth. According to the third databook character poll, which adds up all the votes from the first six polls, Naruto took second place. In the most recent poll, Naruto regained his status and reached first.
- Naruto is one of four characters to have always stayed in the top ten of every character popularity poll.
- Naruto is the fourth known jinchūriki known to have survived the extraction of a tailed beast, along with Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki, Kushina Uzumaki, and Obito Uchiha.
- Naruto's mother was nicknamed the "Red Hot-Blooded Habanero" while his father was famed as the "Yellow Flash." Naruto's appropriate self-styled title of "Konoha's Orange Hokage" refers to the fact that the colour orange is a mixture of red and yellow.
- When Naruto first became a genin, while using his [Technique|Sexy Technique], his settei reveals that he is 160cm tall.
- Kishimoto's various concept art of Naruto for The Last: Naruto the Movie showed that his height had gone through various changes: first 170cm, then 173cm, and finally 180cm.
- Despite Naruto being a user of the Truth-Seeking Balls and gaining Hagoromo's power, both of which contain Yin-Yang Release, Yin Release is not listed as one of his natures in the fourth databook.
- Eiichiro Oda, author of One Piece, stated that his character Sanji's name was originally going to be Naruto, but changed it because the Naruto series was about to become serialised and wanted to avoid confusion.
- Naruto makes an undetailed background appearance on the cover page of the 766th chapter of One Piece, where the person behind Nami (who is wearing a changpao with the Konoha symbol) is implied to be Naruto. Also, both main characters are seen eating each others' respective favourite foods, as Naruto is eating meat, and Monkey D. Luffy is eating ramen. Additionally, this chapter was released on the same week as the release of the [Seal of Reconciliation|final] [Uzumaki!! (chapter 700)|two] Naruto manga chapters.
- In the 700th chapter of the Naruto manga, the symbol of the Straw Hat Pirates appears on the forehead protector of Naruto's statue as part of []'s graffiti.
- While Naruto was initially the shortest of the [11|Konoha 11], he ultimately becomes taller than all of them except for Shino.
- In the original manga pilot, Naruto was actually a demon fox and lived his life as a human boy and the Nine-Tailed Fox that attacked the village was his father.
- Although he was never raised by Minato, Naruto seemingly inherited his father's fighting style of almost never relying on hand seals, with the exception of his [Clone Technique|signature technique].
- (To []) "And my future dream is to be the greatest []! Then the whole village will stop disrespecting me and start treating me like I'm somebody. Somebody important!"
- (To []) "Don't underestimate me! I don't quit and I don't run! You can act tough all you want! You're not gonna scare me off! No way! I don't care if I do get stuck as a [] for the rest of my life! I'll still be Hokage someday!"
- (To []) "I'm not gonna run away, I never go back on my word! That's my []: my ninja way!"
- (To []) "It's almost unbearable, isn't it… the pain of being all alone. I know that feeling; I've been there, in that dark and lonely place, but now there are others, other people who mean a lot to me. I care more about them than I do myself, and I won't let anyone hurt them. That's why I'll never give up. I will stop you, even if I have to kill you! They saved me from myself. They rescued me from my loneliness. They were the first to accept me as who I am. They're my friends."
- (To []) "Just give up… on trying to make me give up!"
- (To [], reciting a line from []'s [Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Shinobi|first book]) "Then I will break that curse. If there's such thing as peace, I will find it. I won't give up!"
- (To []) "If you attack [], I will have to fight you… So save up your hatred and take it all on me, I'm the only one who can take it! It's the only thing I can do! I will shoulder your hatred and die with you! Because I'm your friend!"
- (To [mother]) "Don't apologise… I had a lot of hard times growing up as a [], but I never blamed you or [Namikaze|Dad]. I couldn't understand what a parent's love was like because you guys were never there… so I could only guess… But now I know… I live because you and Dad gave your lives for me and filled me up with love before the Nine-Tails was inside me! So here I am, happy and healthy! I'm glad I ended up being your son!"
- (To []) "You're not the monster fox anymore. You're one of my teammates from Konoha… Kurama."
- (To []) "Quit it with your stupid reasoning! I meant to say that I'll stand any pain for my friends!! I'm not gonna give up on them!! It might just be me being selfish, but… not having my friends here… is the most painful thing for me!! Period!!!!"
- (About []) "Hinata… This big idiot finally understands… The real meaning of the scarf you gave to me when you went with []… I know now, from the scarf you painstakingly knitted and took so long to finish, that your love can't be unravelled so easily… Wait for me… This whole time, you always loved me for the way I am… Now, as a man, there's something I must tell you… Hinata, I swear I will save you!"
- (To Hinata) "Hinata… Do you remember that lesson in class? The one with, "If the end of the world came, who would you spend your last day with?" I couldn't write anyone's name down. I didn't know my parents, and I didn't have any friends… But now, I know exactly whom I'd choose. I want to be with you. Now and forever, until I die… I want to be with you, Hinata!"
- (To [son]) "Boruto… with what I do now, all the people in this village are like a family. So there will be times that you won't be able to have me as a father all to yourself. I know this must be hard for you… but you must learn to endure it. You're a shinobi too, aren't you?"
- (To [village]) "However, I believe there are many who are dissatisfied. This village is still undergoing development. And during all this, there are those who are facing hard and demanding times. But I don't agree with that. Changing the things before us, a little by little, even one thing at a time, will make the world a better place. I want Konohagakure to be a place where people smile and enjoy their lives. Will you lend me your strength? Let's change Konohagakure together!"
- ↑ Naruto chapter 382, pages 9-11
- ↑ Naruto chapter 500
- ↑ Naruto chapter 501
- ↑ Naruto chapter 503, pages 17-18
- ↑ Naruto chapter 440, page 5
- ↑ Naruto chapter 2, pages 13-14
- ↑ The Last: Naruto the Movie novelisation
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 The Last: Naruto the Movie
- ↑ Naruto chapter 485, page 14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 487, page 2
- ↑ Naruto chapter 648, page 5
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Naruto chapter 409, page 11
- ↑ Naruto chapter 645, pages 2-3
- ↑ Naruto chapter 98, pages 8-14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 440, page 13
- ↑ Naruto chapter 535, pages 2-5
- ↑ Naruto chapter 37, page 7
- ↑ Naruto chapter 641, page 3
- ↑ Naruto chapter 286, page 16
- ↑ Naruto chapter 262, pages 12-13
- ↑ Naruto chapter 693, pages 12-13
- ↑ Naruto chapter 695
- ↑ Naruto chapter 4, page 6
- ↑ Naruto chapter 462, page 14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 617, page 19
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 26.3 26.4 Boruto: Naruto the Movie
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Naruto chapter 448, page 2
- ↑ Naruto chapter 647, pages 14-19
- ↑ Naruto chapter 649, pages 14-17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 98, pages 13-14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 700+4, page 10
- ↑ Boruto episode 10
- ↑ Naruto chapter 700+8
- ↑ Naruto chapter 144, page 4
- ↑ Naruto chapter 498, page 8
- ↑ Naruto chapter 558, page 13
- ↑ Naruto chapter 9, pages 10-11
- ↑ Naruto chapter 245, page 12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 248, page 12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 168
- ↑ Naruto chapter 455, page 9
- ↑ Naruto chapter 555, pages 11-15
- ↑ Naruto chapter 572
- ↑ Naruto chapter 675, page 3
- ↑ Naruto chapter 698
- ↑ Naruto chapter 699, page 15
- ↑ Boruto episode 12
- ↑ Boruto episode 20
- ↑ Boruto episode 2
- ↑ 50.0 50.1 Shikamaru Shinden novel
- ↑ Naruto chapter 671
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 Naruto chapter 315, page 11
- ↑ Naruto chapter 488, page 8
- ↑ Naruto chapter 90, pages 4-8
- ↑ Naruto chapter 698
- ↑ Naruto chapter 617, page 5
- ↑ Kakashi Hiden
- ↑ Naruto chapter 11, page 2
- ↑ 59.0 59.1 Naruto chapter 661, pages 1, 12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 259, pages 8-11
- ↑ Boruto episode 38
- ↑ 62.0 62.1 Boruto episode 65
- ↑ Naruto chapter 77, pages 3-4
- ↑ Naruto chapter 104, pages 16-17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 75, pages 11-13
- ↑ Naruto chapter 288, page 7
- ↑ Naruto chapter 433, page 5
- ↑ Naruto chapter 452
- ↑ Naruto chapter 697
- ↑ Boruto chapter 26
- ↑ 71.0 71.1 Boruto chapter 16, page 37
- ↑ Naruto chapter 617, page 5
- ↑ Naruto chapter 697, page 6
- ↑ Naruto chapter 610, page 8
- ↑ Naruto chapter 649, pages 7-8
- ↑ Naruto chapter 651, pages 7-9
- ↑ Naruto chapter 671, page 12
- ↑ Shikamaru Hiden
- ↑ Naruto chapter 692, page 4
- ↑ Naruto chapter 259, page 1-2
- ↑ Naruto chapter 134, pages 3-4
- ↑ Naruto chapter 499, pages 12-15
- ↑ Naruto chapter 535, pages 7-8
- ↑ Fourth Databook
- ↑ Naruto Shippūden episode 91
- ↑ Naruto chapter 366, page 4
- ↑ Naruto chapter 339, pages 9-10
- ↑ Naruto chapter 460, page 6
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 476
- ↑ Naruto chapter 642, page 12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 697, page 11
- ↑ Naruto chapter 698, page 4
- ↑ Naruto episode 194
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 63
- ↑ Fourth Databook, page 310
- ↑ Fourth Databook, page 226
- ↑ Boruto chapter 16, page 29
- ↑ Naruto chapter 418, page 6
- ↑ Naruto chapter 430, pages 17-18
- ↑ Naruto chapter 431, page 6
- ↑ Naruto chapter 431, page 12-17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 535, page 3
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Naruto chapter 695, page 4
- ↑ Naruto chapter 673, page 2
- ↑ Naruto chapter 687, page 16
- ↑ Naruto chapter 695, page 5-6
- ↑ Naruto chapter 695
- ↑ Naruto chapter 696, pages 14-15
- ↑ Naruto chapter 697, page 1
- ↑ Naruto chapter 314, page 12
- ↑ Naruto chapter 642, page 12
- ↑ Fourth Databook, pages 309-310
- ↑ Sakura Hiden
- ↑ The Last: Naruto the Movie
- ↑ Naruto chapter 433, page 14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 565, pages 12-14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 598, pages 12-15
- ↑ Naruto chapter 682, pages 6-8
- ↑ Naruto chapter 555, page 9-15
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 409
- ↑ Naruto chapter 403, pages 2-10
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episodes 303-305
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episodes 309-310
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 313
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 314
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 315
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 320
- ↑ Naruto: Shippūden episode 479
- ↑ Boruto episode 48
- ↑ The Day Naruto Became Hokage
- ↑ Naruto chapter 700+5, pages 9-11
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Naruto chapter 4, page 6
- ↑ Naruto chapter 43, pages 16-17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 103, page 3
- ↑ Naruto chapter 138, pages 14-16
- ↑ Naruto chapter 442, pages 16-17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 486, pages 13-14
- ↑ Naruto chapter 504, pages 15-17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 570, pages 16-17
- ↑ Naruto chapter 628, pages 9-10
- ↑ Naruto chapter 700, page 16
- ↑ Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 46